XXXVIII | Living Terror

TW- rape, violence

This chapter is dedicated to supercollide
I love your support and you've shown so much love! Thank you endlessly, you're the best.

I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF NATHAN. I thought that I had finally overcome this fear, but right now, looking into this same face that haunted me for years, I realize it isn't so simple. I am still frozen, that same little girl he manipulated years ago.

"Let me go, Nathan," I say, trying to move back. His grip turns tighter.

"I feel like we should talk," he says, grinning like a wolf. Like a hunter. I am the sheep; I am the prey.

"Get the fuck out of my way," I hiss.

He only laughs, his blonde hair shining in the dim lights of the corridor. We're too far away from the party, the music is too loud, and I know even if I scream, no one will hear.

I am trapped.

I'm trapped. Shit.

Tears start to shine in my eyes as overwhelming hopelessness threatens to choke me. After all this time, after all I've been through, I'm still afraid. Am I really this weak? This cowardly?

"Beg for me, Cade," Nathan says, smiling down at me.

Now it's fury that pours through my veins, fire that slithers beneath my skin. I can't just let myself be taken, I will fight. I'll make this hell. I'll kick and scratch, no matter what it costs me. I won't be an easy target, not for him, not for anybody.

Nathan leans down, his lips crushing forcefully against mine. I go rigid for a moment, but then I start to struggle. I push and pull at him, but his mouth doesn't leave mine. He tastes like cream and caramel.

I finally manage to get one good swing at him, a jab at his ribs, and he takes the hit with an explosion of rage. As though me causing him pain is not only a nuisance, but a sin. Something that merits punishment.

"You little bitch," he sneers, his sugary mask finally dropping. "We'll see about that." He grabs both my wrists hard enough to crack them, and then he shoves me against the wall. Cold tile hits my back.

I shudder at the iciness, but then Nathan's tongue is on me, his hot breath, roaming my neck, shoulder, even my collarbones. I feel disgusting, with his thin coat of saliva smearing my skin. I feel dirty. A whore. A cheap, easy picking.

"Please," I say, the tears finally falling. "Don't do this. You don't have to do this."

Nathan pulls back, letting me see his face, the cold glint in his eyes. "Oh, I don't have to. I want to."

"No!" I say, trying to thrust my arms at his chest. "No, no!" I kick at his ankles, his legs, but he uses his whole body to press against me. I feel crushed, suffocated.

I bite at him, scratch at him, but it doesn't deter him.

"Help!" I scream out, although I know it's useless. No one can hear. "Help! Someone! Help!"

Nathan's face comes close to mine, the cornflower blue of his eyes bright.

Before he can say anything, I spit on him.