𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

»»————-  ————-««𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««
𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
»»————-  ————-««

 "WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE? ANY INSTA-MODELS? INFLUENCERS? KARDASHIANS?" asks Lake.

"No. Just you guys, my family, and my grandparents"

Lake laughs but quickly stops as she realizes he's serious. 'Why wouldn't he be serious?' (Y/N) thinks to herself.

Felix says Victor's family is a delight, which (Y/N) hopes will reassure Lake and convince her to come to the party. It's not like (Y/N) was going to go alone.

"This party is going to blow without some more bodies" Lake complains so she calls over Benji. Guess he's coming to the party now too, along with his boyfriend Derek. Fun.

The day of the party, Lake and (Y/N) are over at Mia's house helping her get ready. Mia complains about her eyeliner being too much and not wanting to make a poor impression on Victor's parents. (Y/N) tells her it probably won't matter and people probably won't care, but Mia presses on.

"Why are you so stressed about this?" (Y/N) asks.

Mia rants, "Victor's family is like, his whole world, and he's becoming a big part of my world so I just need them to like me"

"My god," Lake laughs. "You're like next level into him, aren't you?"

Mia mumbles embarrassed. "I wish I had a super sweet, super cute boy who wanted to parade me around," Lake complains.

(Y/N) follows Mia into another room. Lake says she wants someone who isn't afraid to do something crazy and spontaneous, like rob a bank. A thought comes to (Y/N)'s mind and Mia voices it.

"So, a criminal?"

Lake tries to defend her actions, but Mia is too busy checking her coat in the mirror. (Y/N) stands up and opens the door for them so they can leave and not be late to the party. The three walk out with (Y/N) slightly trailing behind.

When they arrive, Victor opens the door and tells Mia she looks nice.

"Right? And the craziest part is, she didn't even think about the way she looked. No, it didn't even cross her mind," (Y/N) says sarcastically. Mia pushes her through the door and tells her to shut up through gritted teeth.

Victor introduces them to his father and his grandfather but then introduces Mia by herself, to show that that's the one he's dating. The two men yell at the television and Mia says something... sporty?? (Y/N) didn't really know.

Victor takes Mia to go meet his mom and Lake compliments his grandfather's mustache.

"Stop embarrassing yourself" (Y/N) whispers while she drags her sister away. They find seats on the couch next to Felix and Lake immediately just goes on her phone.

After a while of awkward silence, (Y/N) speaks up. "Do you know what's going on right now?"

Felix turns to her and breathlessly laughs. "Me? Oh no, I know nothing about soccer"

(Y/N) smiles. "Okay great, that means I'm not the only one here who will be awkwardly cheering for something they know nothing about"

"That was me not five seconds before you guys walked in"

(Y/N) shakes her head and looks down on her shoes. Well, that went great. Lake gets up to check out the snack table and (Y/N) watches her get up to leave. But pretty soon after, Victor asks Lake if she can pick his up a tres leches cake. Felix's ears perk up and within seconds, he's standing next to Lake, asking to come with.

The two walk away, leaving (Y/N) alone in the living room with people she didn't know. She gets up to ask Victor where the bathroom is and he points down the hall. (Y/N) is about to hide herself in the bathroom like a loser before she hears loud music coming from someone's bedroom.

(Y/N) approaches the room and slowly opens the door.

Pilar scoffs, "She sent you in here? Coward, "

"Actually, no. I came by myself. I wanted to check up on you. People don't normally blast music from their bedroom at a party unless something's up," (Y/N) walks fully into the room and clicks pause on her music. "Do you want to talk about what's going on?"

Something flickers in Pilar's eyes, and for some reason, she opens up. "This thing my mom did back in Texas... it ruined everything. I mean- my family's always been lame. But before this, we were kind of happy"

(Y/N) comes over to sit on the bed and Pilar scoots over to make room for her. "Look, I may not know what you're going through exactly, but I know that parents are the worst. They pretend like they have it all together when really, they struggled just as much as we do," (Y/N) thinks of something else comforting to say.

"You may be angry at your mom right now but, she loves you and wants the best for you. Even if she can't do the best for herself sometimes"

Pilar is quiet. She doesn't use any of her patented sarcasm on (Y/N). She just listens and tries to understand. The two keep talking and Pilar gets more comfortable talking to her.

At the end, (Y/N) can see that their dialogue helped. She holds her hand out for Pilar on the bed and the girl reluctantly takes it. (Y/N)'s stomach does flips at the contact but acts like nothing is wrong. After a while of the two sitting in comfortable silence, (Y/N) gets up.

"So uh- if you ever wanna talk or just hang out or something, I'm here" (Y/N) backs out of Pilar's room and heads straight into the bathroom. She shuts the door quick and sinks to the ground with her back against the wall.

"Shit, shit, why did I do that?" She whisper yells to herself. Her mind is racing with so many thoughts she can't even comprehend. (Y/N) stands up and steadies her body with all her might. She'll be fine. (Y/N) steps out of the bathroom the same time Pilar steps out of her room and walks away quickly. Time to just enjoy the rest of the party and avoid Pilar.

Mrs. Salazar brings out the cake, and everyone comes together to sing "Happy Birthday" to Victor. He blows out his candles and (Y/N) follows the crowd to where the cake is being cut. She stands next to Pilar and unconsciously tenses up. Today definitely changed something. (Y/N) just couldn't tell whether her life was better or royally fucked up.