𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘣.

»»————-  ————-««𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐁»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐁
»»————-  ————-««

"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF. IT'S JUST A NORMAL DAY AT SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE" (Y/N) says as she shakes her head in the mirror and leans on the bathroom counter.

After everything that happened yesterday, there was no doubt why she was nervous. There was a high chance Felix would bring something up and ruin her day. But there was also a high chance of her meeting up with Pilar and causing her head to spin.

However, she would just have to live and see where the day takes her. Hopefully it'd be in a good direction. (Y/N) takes a deep breath and steps out of the bathroom into the crowded high school hallway.

Of course, no one noticed her. But that was a good sign. It means everything she thought was just in her head. She could live in her own head for a while.

The school day goes smoothly. (Y/N) didn't have to see Felix or Pilar all day so she had time to relax. Clear her mind. Do all of that nice stuff people do when they're stressed and their heads are spinning. It was... nice.

"(Y/N), what's up?"

A girl's voice snaps (Y/N) out of her relaxed state and she doesn't even have to look up to know who it is.

"Oh! Hey Pilar. Uh, I'm good" (Y/N) replies knowing for a fact that she is 100% not good"

Pilar sits down at the lunch table and (Y/N) moves her lunchbox over to make room for her.

"Are you excited for the dance?" Pilar asks and (Y/N) shakes her head.

"Not really. I don't have a date and I'll have to watch Lake spend the whole night with Felix"

Pilar's face morphs into a frown. "But it'll be fun! And we could always go together"

(Y/N)'s ears perk up and a big smile spreads across her face.. "You want to go to the dance together?"

"As friends, of course"

"Right... As friends" (Y/N)'s smile falters and Pilar takes notice.

"If you don't want to, we can always skip it. Maybe that night we can go hang out at your house"

(Y/N) shakes her head and tells Pilar that she does want to go. It's a date! So the two talk about something else for the rest of lunch and (Y/N) realizes she actually has to prep for a dance she wasn't even planning on going to.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Finally, it's the end of the day and (Y/N) gets on the bus to go home. Too bad when she gets there, Felix and Lake are walking into Lake's bedroom to make out or whatever they do.

(Y/N) drops her backpack in her bedroom and goes to watch television in the living room. Maybe the tv could drown them out...

But, something much worse comes along. Their mother opens the door and enters the main area with bags in her hands. (Y/N) turns around to look at her and groans.

"Hey mom, why are you back so early?" She asks.

"Oh I just went shopping for you and Lake. I thought we could have a little fashion show" her mother says as she heads for Lake's bedroom door.

"We don't have to do this right now" the younger girl says but it does nothing.

(Y/N) hears some scrambling, probably in an attempt to hide Felix and the door is whisked open. (Y/N) runs into the bedroom as their mother drops the bags on Lake's bed.

"I tried to stop her" (Y/N) whispers into Lake's ear and Lake whisper-yells back at her.

"Obviously not hard enough"

(Y/N) sighs and the two sisters straighten up to face their mother. Apparently the real reason she's home early is because her stylist cancelled and she was already at the mall.

Lake was clearly getting impatient with her parent and tries to stray away from the planned fashion show. However, that's when Meriwether senior decided to launch into one of her coveted insult tirades. This time directed at Lake's jacket.

"I think I can do my own shopping-" Lake starts.

"Oh, you just worked so hard to lose all that weight and I just want you to present yourself in the most flattering light possible" their mother responds.

"I think- I'm presenting just fine"

"Just fine?" The adult mocks and (Y/N) feels her blood boil at the newest comment. "I mean- do you think I'd be the top-rated anchor in greater Atlanta if I presented 'just fine'?"

Lake's face goes red as their mother tells the story of how she came to be what she is now. (Y/N) tries to listen to her sob story. The thing she uses as an excuse to manipulate her children and make them self conscious. (Y/N) tries to listen to it but she can't. Halfway through the story, (Y/N) cuts her off.

"Thank you so much for your amazing story on how you started from the bottom and rose up by being snobbish and 'pretty'. It's really a great story but I'd prefer not to listen to it right now. In fact, I'd like it if you left both of us alone because you stress us out and we don't need that in our lives. Thank you" (Y/N) grabs the bags off the bed and places them just outside the bedroom. Their mother conducts herself and calmly exits.

Lake gives her sister an appreciative smile and (Y/N) leaves. She knew she was about to get punished for 75 years but there was no way she could watch Lake stand there and take it. Reputation shouldn't matter when it comes to your children. If only her mother could get it through her thick skull.

About 2 hours later, Lake comes into where (Y/N) was sitting on her bed. (Y/N) looks up from her phone. "You ok?" she asks and Lake looks at her sadly.

"You probably know that I was seeing Felix, these past couple-"

(Y/N) nods and Lake takes a breath before continuing. "Well, I broke up with him tonight. And I just thought you should know"

Lake quickly leaves before her sister and say anything. (Y/N) just stares blankly at the spot where Lake stood. For once, she had no feelings on the matter. Maybe she didn't like him anymore or maybe she was subconsciously angry at Lake.

Either way, she felt nothing. Numb. A text message shows up on (Y/N)'s phone and she looks down at it. Why the hell was Felix texting her?