━━ chapter five

( ❑❑❑ )

( 005. street food sticks )

the two decided to stop by a street food stall after their exit from the parking. haneul ordered her usual while doing the choosing for jaehyun (since he wasn't used to this rather, unfancy environment to the point where it's his first time eating street food from the actual streets).

as they did so, haneul laughed her ass off to her phone recording of him dancing to red flavor earlier, earning a bunch of scoffs and eye rolls from the other.

"out of all people i never expected you to be someone who knows all the steps," she said, followed by a series of chuckles as she repeated the recording for the nth time. "wait until i show this to—"

before she could finish that particular statement, jaehyun sliced through with a terrifying glare, enabling him to shut her up from all the wrongdoings she was intending.

"okay, i won't show it to anyone."

haneul tucked her phone back to her skirt's pocket, receiving her street food order from the cooking lady.

"eat up." she brought one of the sticks containing rice cake towards him as if he was this sick child getting fed by his nanny.

jaehyun lightly pushed her hand away. "i have intermittent fasting, remember? i can't eat until 10am tomorrow," he explained.

"just consider this a cheat day."

"i can't, it's gonna ruin my health routine."

"why do you care about dieting to have abs when your face alone is already more than perfect?"

she herself was surprised by how spontaneous her words were, quick to find another remark to cover it all up. "and uh . . besides! five pieces wouldn't hurt, r-right?"

with much thought, jaehyun slightly parted his lips to eat the first rice cake attached to the stick she was pushing closer to him

afterwards, their pairs of eyes awkwardly found points that strayed from each other, giving their best efforts to shake off the slight discomfort they lingered in.

her cheeks' tints were deepening.

his ears were burning up awfully.

"that tastes really good though."

( ❑❑❑ )