━━ chapter ten

( ❑❑❑ )

( 010. the fun i never had )

today for them was tiring.

but it was the good kind of tiring.

haneul sat back on the hood of their car after buying two cans of sprite at one of the near food stalls, the surface serving as their chair to view the afternoon sky.

it sure did take a lot of time to convince jaehyun to plop down for the fear of the dusty hood ruining his oh-so expensive pair of slacks.

well, he soon considered it worth it for the view.

the sky held wispy clouds that faintly accompanied the sun, its light weakening from a bright yellow to a deep orange as it prepared to set. behind these additions was its gradient from pink to blue, acting like a splurge of paint on a canvas which was about to be touched by a brush.

and as per usual, they were awkward as hell. it was different this time though. it was as if another action was begging to be included.

without even noticing, they were slowly leaning in for no particular reason. it was as if there was this force slightly making them tip their heads closer. it was unidentifiable, but none wanted to brush it off.

and once their lips actually collided, it set off a bursting type of jubilance which made their hearts sway along with the leaves around them. a mix of sprite and skittles collaborated to a kiss where both could almost melt. it was soft and sweet, like the beautifulness of the spring. its calming warmth felt like the needed fireplace during the winter's frigidnes. it all felt so right.

maybe it really was right.

when they pulled away, the silence remained, but this time, relief overpowered discomfort.

that was so good wow.

"so, how was it?" she asked in attempts to lighten the mood.

"the trip . . or the kiss?"

"the trip of course."

"not gonna lie i really had fun," jaehyun began, "mostly that shouting part. yeah, i loved ranting about how i'm surrounded by so many assholes.

"but this is how you normally hang out with your friends? isn't it hard?"

how would that be hard-

haneul replied, "hah, it's easier than working for you though."

"what?"

"i survived working for you, sir. that's hard hell all by itself. there's nothing i can't handle anymore."

he snickered after hearing her straightforward remark, taking another sip of the sprite.

". . how about the kiss?"

the sly smile never left his lips as he finally finished off the soft drink can's contents. "oh i'd love to receive it on every hour of every day, haneul."

his first time actually calling her by her first name was soft. its sound escaping his lips was sonorous, like a soothing lullaby at night.

oh how she loved it.

"cheers to that, jaehyun!"

( ❑❑❑ )

"come home with me."

"as you wish, love."