━━ chapter six

( ❑❑❑ )

( 006. bunny plushie )

next destination was an arcade.

since they figured the interior surroundings were too booming, they just chilled by the claw machines outside.

"i want that bunny right there." haneul pointed towards an object by the farthest corner through the machine's window. "can you do it for me?"

jaehyun scoffed in confidence. "oh please, i was a god of claw machines back in my time. i can get that after like . . three tries."

( ❑❑❑ )

nineteen tries.

"this machine is so rigged."

coin after coin after coin.

his coins, haneul's coins, random coins other customers left near the machine . . everything.

and yet the claw still was letting go every damn time they thought it was finally a success.

but there was no sign of giving up.

jaehyun was so so persistent only to get one of those cute looking plushies and nothing was stopping him.

and exactly after the 27th time . .

"OH YES THANK GOD I'M SO DAMN GOOD AT THIS!" he yelled dramatically, capturing the attention of people around them.

it was one of this few moments where he let his calm demeanor down because he was just very satisfied with his actions, to the point where he wanted to scream it all over the world.

"here you go."

haneul took the plushie, smiling at it before shooting jaehyun one expressing gratitude. she absolutely loved it. the entire glow of the place was tinged with their concept of blissful—

"but that's not enough."

"excuse me, what?"

before she could even process the scenario right in front of her, he already walked off to the counter full of chattering employees.

"where's your manager?" jaehyun asked the staff, arms crossed as he exuded his usual businessman vibe. "tell them i need to talk because i need to buy this entire—"

haneul pulled her desperate boss away immediately to avoid any further conflict, apologetically  bowing at the confused staff.

"we should go now, sir."

( ❑❑❑ )