━━ chapter eight

( ❑❑❑ )

( 008. i don't do dinner )

"you're still hungry?"

jaehyun exasperatedly asked haneul as they entered the (speaking figuratively) hundredth store for today. this time, he got pulled into a simplistic ramen shop by one of the area's corners, the exterior getting lit up by lanterns' orange lights.

he honestly wasn't in the proper mood to eat again after the impulsive street food binge eat earlier, accompanied by their discomfort.

"is there a problem?" she replied with the usual tinge of enthusiasm. "it's your chance to eat the night away! one meal a day isn't enough, you know."

"why are you so desperate in ruining my diet?" he groaned. "i swear to god, if i gain tons of pounds in the next few days, i'm putting all the blame on you."

"well then, if you want a lesser portion let's share!"

( ❑❑❑ )

jaehyun did kinda regret taking a strict diet after seeing the bowl of ramen with a luring fragrance.

because he wanted it all to himself.

but oh well, sharing is caring.

once she finished partitioning the bowl's contents for them to share, jaehyun took it from her hands right away like some excited kid getting wrapped gifts under a christmas tree, bringing a compilation of noodles closer to his mouth without any second thoughts.

and there, he burned his tongue, muttering a panicked holy shit afterwards.

his secretary chuckled upon observing his clumsy actions. "you must be really hungry to forget blowing it first, sir. it's expected to be really hot."

despite the impatience eating him up little by little, he took his time puffing air into the food to avoid more of those tongue burns which he might say, were utter hell. worse if you go on daily meetings and it stings while you speak.

haneul couldn't help but stare.

a natural pinkish tint was evenly spread across his cheeks and lips, complementing the fair tone of his honey-like skin. this led up to his brown eyes, which had a fixed dazzle attaining a point of captivation. what completed it was a gaze that was rather complex, emotions such as fierceness and curiosity all shifting into one. overall, she considered his physicality as something rather . . interesting.

(( hello : this is totally not edition 9896684983 of gabi being so damn whipped for jaehyun and writing it all out ))

he was so—

"what are you . . looking at?"

she snapped out of her shortlived daydream, straightening herself up in mortification of him noticing her gaze as she (unsuccessfully) looked for words to cover it up. "oh— oh uh just . . y'know, thinking of stuff at home."

why is everything always so awkward ?!?!

( ❑❑❑ )