CH. 9

Flickering, warm, dim light shines the entrance of the prison. Putrid smells mixed of sweat, urine, blood and fecal matter can be smelled while rats crawl in from one nook to another. In a hidden underground room, various people of different races are chained. They are to be put as auction items and merchandise for the Andromeda Queen Slave Trade. It is one of the biggest underground syndicate in the continent of Tadorea.

Andromeda's specialty is kidnapping people and selling their body parts for different dark mages and cults. The ones that are not needed or of lower quality are then sold as slaves for nobles, merchants and adventurer but there are few exceptions when the slave price is higher than price if they sell the body parts. They mostly kidnap people from little towns and settlements because they believe they are of higher quality than the people who are beggars and poor in large cities and capitals.

"Eat, you scum! We cannot sell you or your body parts if you are malnourished!" after screaming with a rage in his tone, he hit the girl's face. If there is one thing that is common among the prisoner, it is despair. In one blink of an eye, all of their life was gone. Their villages were raided and burned; their loved ones killed in front of them. Faces are blank showing how scarred they are form the horrendous situations they were being put on.

In the middle of the feeding time of the workers to the prisoners, a loud voice shouted.

"Where can we put the new prisoners?" A man arrived wearing light armor and 2 scabbards of swords like a mercenary together with 5 other people, with them are 15 demihumans in collars and chains, lined together to prevent their escape. Bruises can be seen from their body and faces.

"What are the goods?" the record-keeper asks. His attention is divided due to being busy scribbling on his parchment of brown paper. An assistant carries the bottle of ink the record-keeper uses whenever ink runs out from the end of the quill.

"There are 15 beastmen from the Wolfkin tribe. Two full grown beastmen; nine full-grown beastwomen, four young beast-men, 2 girls and 2 boys." said by one of the four man who came with the prisoners.

"Really? The abduction of the wolfkin tribe at the Mamyo Forest is done? This will fetch a high price and boss will be happy!" the record-keeper said while scribbling thing on his parchment. Written on it was the number of prisoners, their schedules, arrival, departure and allocation. "What are the damages from our hunting team? For the paperworks."

"None at all. We have newly-hired ten mages and they created a huge weaken spells that weakened all of these wolves. They also use a magic item for the needed magic power." The head mercenary narrating what happened how did they capture the wolfkin.

"What should we do about them? We need to know all of their conditions immediately. Big boss is planning to auction them at an early date to boost our sales." said by the second one.

"Put a strength dampening collar to all the men. Make sure to also put dampening collars to their wrists and ankles. We should regulate their strength. We don't one to repeat the same thing that happened to the beast man who gone to his berserk mode."Beastmen are known for their heightened senses, strength and speed. That's why having one as a servant is a great asset for each noble.

Beastmen also have the power to go into berserk mode. It increases their senses, strength and speed multiple times but it makes the individual lose their emotions and sanity. It has also taken up a lot of energy of the beastmen making it a last resort. Few beastmen can utilize their berserk mode while being conscious and sane.

Individuals who have the aptitude for magic tend to be druids who uses nature magic or shamans that specializes in spirit magic. They draw power from their surroundings which the have natural affinity, ox-kin have geomancers, wolfkin is known for their lunar monks, and lionkin is known for their solar sages. Beastmen who have affinity for magic tend to have a more unique covering (fur, scale or feather) than the other of similar race who has little to no affinity for magic.