CH. 18

*BOOM

Suddenly an explosion was heard. People began to panic and scream. The sky became dark and the wind became strong. Two forest wyverns appeared in front of the city gates.

"Oy! You two, send a warning to the Captain! Milo, inform the adventurer's guild. We need their help. The rest of you will help me defend the gates. We need to stall time for the people to evacuate and for the help to arrive." the old man said. As soon as we were done giving orders, Milo and the rest of the guards did their commands though some of them ran out of fear.

"Zaltino, can we deal with this with less commotion and casualty? We shouldn't attract attention to ourselves but we should help them." These wyverns should be dealt quickly before they can harm people. They have sharp claws and a stinger tail filled with poison which is lethal and dangerous. They also have bad temperament and are aggressive to anyone. I wonder what led them to attack the city.

"Okay, Vena-sama!" He flashed his grin and leap in front of me. I followed his lead and also leapt. "We need cover."

"Fog Mist." I used a transmutation spell to turn the surrounding air molecules to mist to give us cover.

"Good job, Vena-Sama." Zaltino said while raising his thumbs-up, a grin plastered in his face. If only he isn't the most human looking out of all of them... *sighs*

We jumped from one wyvern to another and slashed their wings. As we slashed the wings of the second wyvern, we landed on top of the city walls and the wyverns come crashing to the ground.

"Imprisonment: Chains." I secretly cast the spell by whispering it and the wyverns were surrounded by chains made up of arcane energy restraining their movement.

"This should be enough to restrain them and wait for the reinforcements to come." All of the guards went near the wyverns and were in awe of the chains shackling them. "To be expected from Vena-sama." Why are my servants so patronizing?

"Let's go to the adventurer's guild quickly to gather intel for all of the kingdoms."

***

After asking for directions, and surveying the place, we eventually found out the Adventurer's Guild building. Zaltino and Ravenna observed the building and quickly analyzed it.

The Adventurer's Guild of Mephistia is bigger than the one in her kingdom. It is a four-storey building built by brick and mortar, elevated on the ground by 2 meters. Huge windows can be seen fro its facade. A wide-open staircase in the entrance connecting the outsiders into the building. It's a mix of Tudor Architecture and Victorian Architecture with a touch of Early Industrial Design. If they can do this type of building, then they can do a little bit of Mass Production already. The technological advances of this world vary from one place to another.

It has 2 annexes towering the main building. According to the information from Seala and Blackwing, it should be the storage area, library, offices and dormitories for the adventurer's and staff. "We should definitely go to the library and get some intel." Zaltino remarked while observing the people coming and going out of the building.

"We should probably go and register. We will need to find a suitable inn after." I told him while walking. Due to the armour quality and his looks, Zaltino caught the eyes of all the people on the road and in the building. The stares are making me conscious. I'm not really a sociable person especially back on earth where I grew up with weapons, teachers and mafia family. We eventually got into the front desk despite all of the attention

"Hi! I'm Chesca. How can I help you?" A blonde female officer said with a smile. "Are you here to make a request or get your reward?" She has a pleasing face and voice that makes a a good clerk or spokesperson.