Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Which words of Go Moon Young that impressed you?”

“’By any chance, do you believe in destiny?’”

I can't really help but guffaw every time he shoots a scene. I cannot focus whenever I hear his remarks to whatever he sees or does—he’s hilarious. Soohyun is not trying hard, his with comes out naturally.

He’s mischievous that he lights up the mood even when we are all pulling an all-nighter shoot. He keeps us alive though we badly needed sleep. He always sees me—making fun of me whenever I forget my lines, or I stutter. He loves to mock me.

Soohyun is the actor you wanted to work with. I tell you. Everyone here is. This crew is the best for me, yet. I never had a day of shooting with no hearty laugh.

We are under the same agency that’s why I am very comfortable with him—we’re acquainted. We already had few interactions on screen, we shoot a TV commercial together. We’ve met outside work—we have almost the same circle.

Though we are getting very good feedback, I still feel sad knowing the end is near. I will surely miss the drama, the people, the place and memories.

And now that we are about to film the steamy scene, I start feeling nervous. Yes, Soohyun and I do get along well, however, learning how intimate this will be, it makes me flinch. I feel like I need to rehearse more… alone.

“This is uncomfortable,” I laugh incongruously after Kangtae (his character) awkwardly pushed me to the table. I can feel my cold sweats.

“Do I need to push her like that?” He asks the director while I’m in between his arms my butt is one the edge of the table.

We tried another way which I think is more uncomfortable. He must carry me and put me on the table and then…. French kiss. Yeah, not that ordinary ppo-ppo. It’s a friggin French kiss.

The director notices how fiddly we are, “Can we proceed without this?” he mutters to himself but enough for us to hear.

“Yes,” Soohyun answers quickly. I chuckled inwardly, how can I  miss his ears starting to turn red? He’s avoiding my gaze, too. Hey, you’re not alone! I don’t find this comfortable, either.

We took many kissing scenes prior to this and they are all okay, done professionally. I mean, I was able to deliver it nicely but this one’s different that we had to rehearse half a day to get the perfect shot.

I am all silent as I steal glances at him. I am sitting on the corner of the table and he’s standing in front of me so that our Director can see and brainstorm the angles.

“Like this? Like this?” He is tilting his head against mine as if giving the director an idea. He’s being playful but his discomfort is evident.

And then when he lays me down to do it, I never felt my heart skip a beat like this before. That very moment, I realized…

I like Kim Soohyun.