7, bright idea

again, to everyone who's commented, voted, followed  it makes me so happy to see you're enjoying this and encourages me to write more. lol sorry if that comes off cringe but it's true. thank u

7, 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚

"So, do you like Dream?"

I choke on my bacon sandwich, managing to cough up the rough bits before I suffocate and die. You see, we're on our quick 10 minute lunch break, and Olive uses every second of it as a chance to pull any information she can out of me about her beloved Dream Team.

"Fuckssake, Olive," I swear, wiping my mouth.

"Sorry." She looks at me unflinchingly. "So, you don't like him?"

"I mean, I like him, yes, as a friend," I say. "Anything more than that isn't even a question I'm willing to ask myself."

She frowns. "Why not? I was sure you did."

"I don't know..." I mutter, flopping my sandwich back down on the plate.

"But you guys flirt all the time," Olive continues, resting her cheek on her hand.

"We're just being ironic. And funny. Money-making."

"But last night you told each other 'I love you'."

I shouldn't have told her that.

"As friends," I add pointedly, attempting to suppress the pink flush consuming my cheeks. "Now can we talk about something else?"

"Sure," Olive says, smiling. "What're you going to do with the $200?"

I think about it for a second. "How much is that? Like, 150 quid?"

"Think so, yeah."

"I'll probably use it to help pay the rent. Or put it in my uni fund."

"What? That's stupid," she snaps. "Let's go on a trip or something. It's your gap year, isn't it?"

I blink. "A trip where?"

"Here's a miraculous idea." Olive clicks her fingers, gazing at me with wild eyes. "How about Brighton?"

I smirk. "You're using me, aren't you? You want me to go to Brighton, meet George and have you tag along, don't you?"

"I'll pay for my own ticket! It's, what, £25 a ticket?" she defends.

"Do you know how many ready-made meals you could get for your siblings with £25?"

"They're not the ones working their ass off everyday."

"Working your ass--Olive, you've broken like three glasses since you've started working here."

"I'm clumsy. Can't change my personality, Az."

I let my lips curl into a smile. "You really want to go, don't you?"

"Yes. Please. And we can go to the beach--"

"Going to the beach during a pandemic is not the brightest idea."

"Aren't you close with Wilbur? He always ends up at a secluded beach. Do you even read his tweets?"

"My god," I murmur. "You're so annoying."

"I'm not annoying. Just spitting facts," Olive says confidently, digging in to her packet of grapes.