23, adore you

everyone play adore you by harry styles. i swear on the pope that this shit pops off when you're reading this

» adore you «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

23, 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

A few drinks later and I'm stumbling over my shoelaces. The music is really loud now and everyone has had a few drinks. I stumble over to the kitchen, hoping to get something else to drink. My eyes drift to the sight of Nick sprawled out all over the floor, a slice of pizza sitting on his chest. He must be asleep.

I snort quietly, only to be shoved head first into a hard wall.

Rubbing my now dizzy head, I glance up at the figure. It's Skeppy—Zak.

"Woah, hey, you okay?" he laughs, hanging onto my arms.

I nod repeatedly. "Yeah. I'm great. Just enjoying the music."

"By tripping over yourself?"

"Yes. But to the beat, of course."

He laughs. "Right."

I reach over for another drink but he beats me to it, handing me a can of something. I smile gratefully and take it from him.

We observe the room for a moment, both leaning against the kitchen island again. Darryl is still singing along to something—but, this time, his voice lingers and he drawls every word. That doesn't stop him from being so loud as he sings along to Barbie Girl; Maia and Celestia join in, linking their arms together and howling.

"Mr BadBoyHalo's very good at karaoke, isn't he?"

Zak laughs. "Don't even. I have to deal with this every day over call."

"Aw, come on," I coo. "It's cute."

He looks at me for a moment longer than necessary, glancing down for a second and then back up at my eyes. "I can think of cuter things."

My eyes widen. I sincerely cannot help the blush staining my cheeks. It could just be the alcohol though.

A few people have called me cute tonight. I must be catfishing well.

I clear my throat quickly. "You're awfully bold for someone that hasn't drunk anything."

"Must be my personality."

I shrug. "That doesn't mean you shouldn't have a few drinks."

"Can't," he groans. "I'm driving."

"You're driving?"

"Yeah. And Bad's like stupid drunk so that's even more of a reason for me to be sober."

"Wow," I mutter to myself, eyes still wide. "The thought that you can drive scares me."

He smiles. "Why's that?"

"It reminds me that you're an adult. Skeppy the adult."

I cover my mouth as soon as the words come out. Stupid. I've probably offended him. It's just that his online persona is so childish and loud and it's funny to think that a guy who spends his money on putting kids in boxes can drive carefully.