Chapter 3

Nephertiti's POV

"So, tell me about yourself, Xander. Is it okay if I call you that?" I questioned, Alexander was way too long.

He started, nervously using his pinky to fix the glasses on his nose. "No problem. I'm eighteen, my favourite colour is brown and I enjoy Imagine Dragons. I-I don't have a preferred subject."

I smiled. Cute.

"I'm eighteen as well, I like listening to Chase Atlantic. I don't have a preferred subject either, we have a few things in common."

He laughed. "I g-guess we do."

"You have beautiful eyes, Xander," I told him, leaning forward, resting my chin in my palm. He blushed softly, the red spot spreading across his cheeks to the tip of his nose. "Thank you. You have beautiful lips."

Smiling at him teasingly I said,
"So you've been staring at my lips all this time, huh?" He stuttered again.

"I didn't mean to. I was just l-looking and-" I stopped him with a giggle, he was so adorable.

"I'm joking, you are so easy to taunt." He was about to say something when the bell rang. Damn, even the bell sounded fancy.

Mrs Claire stood up from the desk and began to speak. "Well, that's the bell. Have a good day everyone."

A stout brunette at the front, clearly a teacher's pet said, "Miss, what about homework?"

Before I could say anything, Jhanessa beat me to it, taking off her Timberlands and throwing them a the back of her head. Bullseye.

"Oww," she exclaimed as she turned around, "Who did that?"

She was staring at me so I mouthed, "Snitches get stitches."

She look like she was about to shit herself. Mrs Claire asked her what was the matter. "Nothing miss, I just stubbed my toe," she laughed nervously while glancing at me. I gave her a thumbs-up and a sarcastic smile.

Jhanessa came over and gave me a high five. "Served the bitch right." Someone cleared their throat. Shit. I forgot about Alexander.

"Like how you're new to the school, would you like to eat lunch with my friends and me? You can also invite your friends if you wish."

"Of course. I'd love to," I smiled.

"O-okay bye." He looked down and then walked away.

Ava, Elijah, Jaxon and Christian walked over. Ava spoke first. "So what did you think?"

Christian answered her with a smile, "I'm not sure about you guys, but I liked it. I got that hot guy's number."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you did, you whore." He laughed, playfully bouncing his shoulder against mine. "How about you?"

"It wasn't that bad. We got invited to lunch by Xander."

Jaxon looked at me, an inquisitive look in his eyes, "Made a new friend?"

"Hmm, anyone knows where the canteen is at?"

Ava spoke up. "I do. I saw it on my way here, follow me." We reached the canteen and I wondered exactly how much money do these people have. And why was the place so clean? I could almost see my freaking reflection on the floor.

Elijah, Ava and Jaxon went to buy lunch, which looked like a buffet might I add, while Nessa and I tried to find Alexander. Looking over the table to the window, I saw Alexander waving at us.

"Hey," I greeted. He beamed at me. Well someone's excited. "Let me introduce you to my friends." He gestured to a girl who removed the AirPods from her ear to greet us. My nose immediately picked up whatever she had before her, trying to look at what it was. Damn, it smelled fucking heavenly.