Chapter 13

Edited.

A big thank you for all the votes and comments. A huge shout out to MiaBSmith for making the cover of the book. Go check out her amazing books, you won't regret it. Enjoy!

Nephertiti's POV

Walter, what I learned to be the chauffeur's name, opened the door to the limo for me. I bundled up my dress and slid into the car. The first thing I smelled was vanilla and cinnamon. Xander's scent. And I had to say he looked like a whole damn meal.

Damn, I need to get myself together. Remember that you are angry at him, Neph.

"Y-you look, wow. You look magnificent, Neph." As much as it hurt me to do so, I turned my head to the window, "I know."

To kill the silence, I asked Walter to play some music so he put on some light jazz.

Shifting in my seat, I folded my legs making my dress ride up and my inner thigh show. As I felt eyes on me, I looked from the corner of my eyes as his hungry gaze scanned my body. 

Hearing a deep intake of breath, I glanced at Xander, noticing the bulge straining against his pants. I was starting to regret doing this because I was not helping myself. I had to restrain myself from mounting him and riding him like a fucking horse or getting on my knees and put my mouth to use. The sexual tension between us was so fucking thick, like something else that I couldn't get it off my mind, so I was glad when the car stopped.

Stepping out, he offered his hand to me. I looked at his still outstretched hand, then to his face. "We're not a couple anymore, Xander."

"Trust me, I know. You haven't failed to remind me. But I'm still a gentleman." Sighing, I reluctantly took his hand. The first thing I saw when I entered was an expensive ass chandelier. There were quite a lot of people present; which is why I think they chose a ballroom for the venue. The people here looked like they had stuck up their asses and ate money for breakfast.

"Nephertiti, Alexander, over here," a preppy voice said. We turned to see the Carsons speaking to another couple.

"Wow, you look beautiful. I knew the dress would fit perfectly," Helen complimented, pride shining in her eyes.

"You look marvellous," Drew smiled.

"Thank you so much," I replied, smiling. The man they were speaking to, took my hand and kissed me. Eww, the dude looked old enough to be a grandpa. A fat, sweaty, perverted one.

"I'm Steven Dunkleman the Third, and who might this beauty be?"

Was he being serious, his wife I presume, who looked young enough to be his daughter, was beside him.

"Steven, I am right here," she squealed. He looked at her with nonchalance. Sensing the awkwardness, Helen cut in.

"This is Nephertiti, a family friend. Mingle, we'll be back in a few." As soon as they were gone, he started speaking.

"What an absolute pleasure to meet you, Nephertiti," he said, eyes roaming my body shamelessly, stopping at my chest. Clearing my throat I said, "Yes, and I attend Madden's High School." That wasn't relevant, but I assumed me being a teen would throw him off.

He caught on to what I was insinuating, but he continued nonetheless. That obviously did not matter to him. "Baby, age is just a number, so let's get out of here and have some real fun," he held on to my wrist.

Scowling, I replied. "And prison is just a place, so let me the fuck go before I send you there."

It looked like God was watching because merely seconds after, I heard a voice. "Neph, would you mind gracing me with a dance," Xavier said. Nodding eagerly, I took his hand in mine and walked away briskly.