Chapter 37: Room of Requirements

(Leon POV)

Leon: "Come on guys, I would like to show you something."

Me, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Luna, Astoria and Ginny were at the seventh-floor corridor on Hogwarts and I was leading them to the Room of Requirements. Ginny followed us and was seemingly not embarrassed to Harry. Because she was not influence by Tom Riddle's book, she a lot more confident over the past couple of days. She made friends with everyone and can almost talk to Harry but tends to run away after their conversation.

Ron: "Where is this 'Room of Requirements' you're talking about, Leon?

Leon: "It's about here. There, that wall over there."

I pointed at the large concrete wall and everyone followed me. Everyone look at me and got confuse. I move them back and do the ritual. I walk past three times and said "I need a place to study" and viola a large dark door appears. Everyone is speechless and the door opens itself.

We went inside and see the empty. I ask the room for books and seconds later, books starting to appear themselves. Everyone is mesmerize by the amount of books appeared. Hermione dash to a pile of books and examines everything. Luna and Ginny just skips and finds a book that they like. Astoria found a book an interesting book and read it. Harry and Ron looks at me and astounded.

Harry: "How did you find this room anyway?"

Leon: "I ask Professor Dumbledore if there's any room that we can use for privacy. We've been harassed by Malfoy and his gang many times and the teachers would not do anything about it. Then he told me when he was a young, a door appear itself in this floor and I think you get the idea what happened next."

Everyone heard me and believe my lie. I also text Dumbledore about the room so he'll get an idea and I'll have an alibi.

Astoria: "That isn't the only thing, is it?"

I smile at her.

Leon: "That's right. There's something I must have to tell you."

I ask the room to change into training room. The room shifts and the books disappear. Hermione whines about the books but I just ignore her.

Leon: "Everyone, do you know what this is?"

I show them Tom Riddle's diary.

Luna backs away from me. She seems to sense the dark energy from it. Everyone looks at Luna and got confuse.

Astoria: "What is that?"

Leon: "This is Tom Marvolo Riddle's diary. Aka Voldemort's diary."

Everyone was stunned and walk slowly away from me. I also told them about Tom Riddle's past and the Horcruxes. Even Harry's as well. Everyone begins to pale when they heard how to make the Hocruxes and many sacrifices need to make one. Everyone ask where did I get this information but I only answered.

Leon: "Professor Dumbledore."

Again they believe me. He's very convenient to lie about.

Astoria: "Why didn't he just tell Harry?"

Leon: "I don't know. Maybe he doesn't have the time to tell him. I mean he's the headmaster and a famous wizard. Popularity has its own disadvantage."

Harry: "So I'm one his Hocruxes? That the reason why I get visions of him, my scar burns and the reason why I talk to snakes?"

Leon: "Yup."

Ron: "Then get it out of him then!"

Leon: "Not yet, Ron. I need Harry to do something before I take it out of him."

Hermione: "And that is?"

Leon: "Opening the Chamber of Secrets"

Again everyone is confuse. Right, they never actually heard of it. I told them about it and once again they paled when they heard giant basilisk is guarding underground Hogwarts. I assure them that I have a plan for that and Harry will use his parseltongue, which I told him that's the language for snakes, and he'll open it for me. After that, I'll be the one dealing the basilisk. The boys will guard the door of the chamber and the girls will guard the girl's bathroom.

Hermione: "I will not let you deal with the basilisk alone. What if something terrible happens to you?"

She's concern for my safety and I smile. I pat her head but she still worries about me. I saw Luna who just smile at me and doesn't seem to be concern about it. Almost like she knows that I can handle it. Astoria was worried as well. I pat them the three on the head and reassure them.

Leon: "Well if you're that worried, how about I bring the famous Professor Lockhart? He seems to be knowledgeable about everything. Especially this kind of situation. Is that ok?"

Hermione and Astoria contemplates and reluctantly agreed to my suggestion.

Ron: "Really? Him?"

Ron seems to disagree. I said to him that I'll make his favorite dish called Beach-ball-sized Snitch Birthday cake on his birthday and he nods his head profusely. Everyone roll their eyes.

Leon: "Now for the next agenda. Dealing with Tom Riddle's Diary."

Everyone look at diary and from afar. I held the diary and create [Purify] magic and purify the book. From the magic eye perspective, the light threads of magic covers the book and the dark magic slowly crumbles away. Because the dark magic didn't consume Ginny's negative feelings like the original plot, it was still weak and is easily purified. I cast a magical barrier towards the diary to not let Voldemort soul come out. We heard a terrible scream from the book and white light flashes before our eyes. Everyone covers their eyes and moments later, the light fades away. I still held the diary and check it if there's any magical reaction. There's none. I burn the book with a spell and it disappear.

I look at everyone and they were still paled from the sudden event. I look at Harry, he pales but no reaction from him when I destroy the Horcruxes.

Leon: "Do you feel any different Harry?"

Harry just shakes his head.

Leon: "It seems that you and Voldemort doesn't feel anything when we destroy his Horcruxes. That's a good thing. Now, I think we deserve a good night rest. We talked a lot today."

Everyone nods and ask the room to let us out. Everyone went to their dorm and let everyone take a rest for the day. I plan to tell them that I would train them and increase their magic reserves but I'll guess I'll tell them next time.

(AC: Advance 20+ chapters can be seen at my Patre on.com/NovelAdik.)