Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER! Before you decide to read this I'll just have to warn you that this story WILL BE mentioning mental illnesses, physical abuse, sexual harassment, torture, suicide and death. I am not by any means trying to offend anyone nor romanticize these serious crimes and topics. But if you're easily triggered or simply don't feel like reading a book that contains these topics, then please exit this story straight away. If you're okay with this then feel free to proceed. I also want to warn you that everything won't be staying true to the game in order for this plot to work, but most things will, and I'll try not to make any drastic changes.

Anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy reading this book as much as I've enjoyed writing it! You've been warned.

Arcadia Bay. The city where dreams come true!

No way.

The city where miracles happen!

Sounds cheesy as fuck.

The city where happiness is born!

Not true...
Think, think, think!
Got it!

Arcadia Bay, the city filled with unsolved mysteries.

I nodded at my thought, smiling as the later catchphrase. My fingers danced across the keyboard as I began to type the sentence, leaning back in my chair and proudly reading it when I was finished. Sighing, slightly, I stood up from the chair and yawned. It was way to late to continue with the homework and besides, it's not due by tomorrow. I walked over to the bed, stopping slightly and looking at it. I wasn't tired, not at all. My feet automatically began to walk towards the door. I guess I'll go for a walk, that always helps. I opened the door and widened my eyes when I saw a familiar figure.

"Hey Max! What are you doing, running around in the hall at this time?" I exclaimed as I continued to speed walk towards the brown haired girl. "Oh, hi (Y/n)!" She waved at me as I hurried to walk next to her in the hall of the girls' dormitory. "I couldn't sleep so I felt like taking a quick shower. What about you?" She said as she stopped, pointing towards the bathroom we'd now arrived by. "Oh, alright. Me too, I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd go for a walk and perhaps pay Warren a visit or something. I really need to talk to him about some things I've got on my mind..." I furrowed my eyebrows slightly when saying the last sentence. It's true. Lately I've had some weird dreams about this girl that went missing a while back, Rachel Amber, and I really need to get these thoughts off of my chest.

"O-Oh..." Max looked down, slightly disappointed at what I'd just told her, causing me to panic. I bet she thinks I don't feel like I can share everything with her. But that's not true, this is just... Not something I think Max would be able to handle. "H-Hey, look at me." She looked up at me and I just gave her a closed eyed smile. "It's nothing really, it's just that I'm having really bad anxiety about the science homework and I need his help with it. Unless perhaps you want to-" She just let out a giggle and shook her head. "Alright alright. I think Warren will be of much more help than me. Make sure not to get caught when sneaking into the boys' dormitory though." I nodded before waving her goodbye and exiting the girls' dorms.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out into the cold air. It was around 00:30 and it was a rainy Friday morning. I shivered slightly as a cold gust of air blew past me. I had to hurry to the boys' dorms and get inside. I walked down the stairs before sneaking towards the dorms.

I pulled the door when I'd arrived, it didn't budge though, so I tried to push, and then pull again. "Of fucking course." It was locked, I should've known. I grabbed my phone, letting out a shivering sigh as I pressed Warren's picture in my contacts, calling him. "Come on, pick up." I waited for a couple of signals to go through before I heard his voice. "Hello, this is Warren-" "-Thank god, Warren, come and open the god damn door, it may be an early autumn night but it's still cold as fuck AND it's rai-" "I'm not able to take your call right now, so leave a message after the tone and I'll call you back as soon as possible." I cursed as a small beep was heard. I just hung up the call, without leaving a message, before hurrying back to the girls' dormitory. I then pushed the door, but it didn't open so I pulled it.

"Fuck." The girls' dorms door was locked as well, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't bring a key, I never do. And I can't call a teacher for help, I'll be punished for sneaking out of my room this late. I then remembered that Max's awake. I wiped the water off the screen of my phone before quickly searching for her number in my contacts, dialing her number. "Beep... Beep... Beep..." I cursed when I started to hear her voice talking about how she's probably busy right now. "Busy my ass." I then shook my head before turning around, leaning my back against the wall next to the door, sliding down until I sat down on the cold concrete. I was lucky though, even though it was raining and I'm already wet, the doors had a small roof above them, preventing me from becoming dripping wet. Because who knew how long I'd be out here for until someone would open the door. I took my phone out again, scrolling through the numbers saved in my phone. There were a lot of contacts in my list, but I'm not completely sure if anyone's awake. I'm not close enough with all of the people in my contact list to wake them up either... I then saw Victoria's name. It was worth a try. She often pulled all nighters and stayed up late to work on multiple projects. I'm aware that she's not on the best of terms with Warren, Max nor Kate, my three closest friends, but Victoria and I didn't mind each other. We weren't friends, but as I said, we didn't hate each other and we talked and hung out at parties once in a while. That doesn't mean that I found her attitude nor actions towards my friends okay, I'll always side with the three of them when the time comes, I just didn't feel like having enemies in school.

I sighed when I went straight to voicemail, which meant that she not only didn't answer, but also that she was awake and chose to decline my call. So much for being okay with each other. I just sighed before trying to call Max again. She didn't answer. Another sigh escaped my now probably purple lips as I checked the time on my phone. 01:05. Almost 5 hours until they'll unlock the doors. I leaned my head back, looking at the sky as I just sat there, waiting for someone to call me or exit the dorms. I took the opportunity to explore my thoughts regarding Rachel Amber, the missing girl.

The reason I wanted to talk with Warren was that I've experienced really horrifying dreams lately, I've been dreaming that I was trapped in Rachel's body. She was tied up and beaten in a dark room and barely conscious as a bright light keeps on flashing before my eyes, blinding me. I then see a pair of eyes, I can't remember the color, before I feel a sharp pain in my neck, followed by total darkness. I just had to talk to Warren to ask him for some scientific answer to why I'm dreaming about her. I mean, I didn't even know her so why would I-

"Fucking hell Vic"