✧ reason #7: 👧🏽 ✧

REASON #7: LITTLE SISTER ✧

CLASPING ONTO MY thumb only, your soft snores don't do much to bring me to sleep. I should sleep, right? Instead, I am here writing for who knows who. After all, it's not like anyone is reading them.

Edges are torn, corners are folded, each and every item in my room is a systematic order that only I recognize. If someone touches something in my room, I notice the odd flicker in the room that signifies its change. So far, none have found these letters. I don't think I could survive any longer if anyone ever did...Not that these letters are hidden in my room. They're not in the best hiding place but they're hidden, that's for sure. That matters.

Tonight, you came into my room, crying that you think you saw a huge rat scurry underneath your bed when you were about to go to the bathroom. Mom and Dad have been working themselves off the whole week because jobs are running out with machinery over their hard work. I couldn't say no to you. Of course, I couldn't or maybe it was that I loved you too much to not say no to you.

Blankets, way too many cover my bed always. Without their warmth, it seems that I can't sleep. You and I are not like, yet you and I are two halves of an apple. Without your half, I can't be whole. You took your little figure and rose itself on the bed. You grabbed hold onto one of my covers because my bed is too big for you to climb on. You decide to steal my warmth and cuddle all the way near me, letting me hear your heartbeat, beat by beat.