✧ reason #8: 🌷 ✧

REASON #8: LOTUS ✧

ASK ME ONE thing that I wish I could see in my bare sight and that, that would be flowers. Even from a young age, these fascinated me, from that minuscule seed they grew to be a blooming wonder. I always wondered if we, humans had something to learn from a simple creation such as this.

Mom had been the one in the family who was obsessed with gardening, and she still was...I guess? Why, oh why did living get harder as you grew older? My memory still refuses to let go of the days when she would experiment with quantities of water, soil, and fertilizers to see what worked best for each breed of plant. She was quite good at it as well, I admit. A lot of plants died hahah but, you know something? If you never try how will you know when you succeed?

I don't have the willpower that a single seed has to unfold its petals to show its beauty. My beauty should be kept inside, far from the world to say. After all, no one ever wanted to appreciate it. 

Appreciate? That reminds me of something dadee told me, long before she passed away. Faded memories are now tucked away in crevices where I let them linger in the dust to be forgotten but, sometimes memories come. Memories whisper like a thousand snake hisses and, I at its mercy have no choice but to heart those twisted words. Dadee never made me feel any less of the worth that my soul deserved and, this small word brings back one of my fondest memories of tending in her lotus gardens far, far away from the abyss of darkness that used to overwhelm me all the time.

To my little, 9 year old brain at that time it seemed impossible that a flower would grow far away from the civilization that other plants know of and habitat. There was no sunlight. And, how could anyone survive without sunlight? Sunlight lets the world be reborn again and again without pause. To not have sunlight for a flower was a frightening thought in my brain at that time. Not only that but to be in yucky, mucky disgusting mud for so long? 

Dadee told me to wait and see. Everything takes time to bloom and to become the best lotus. For a lotus flower to become the best lotus it can be, it must not be rushed. It must take its time. It must stay where it feels comfortable to grow and share its beauty with the world.  

I waited.

I waited some more.

I waited a bit longer...and then...