Chapter Sixteen

The next morning Faye woke before Madeleine so she could get the room prepared and the morning meal on the side table.

"My lady, it is time for you to get up." Lady Hall announces, slightly waking Madeleine up.

"Must I? This is the first time I have been able to sleep in since my last solo visit." Madeleine grumbles.

"Yes I'm afraid, you must. I have your morning meal on the table and I have your gown set out. You are to meet with the king and queen at ten o'clock and it is now eight." Faye replies.

Madeleine slowly gets out of the bed and wraps her robe around her. She took a look around the room and noticed it was straightened up. She smiled, knowing Faye woke up early so she could make the room look nice. Madeleine quickly ate her meal then went to wash her face.

Faye quickly helped Madeleine get dressed before having Madeleine sit at the vanity. She massaged Madeleine's head before brushing through her hair. She left her hair down in their natural waves before placing a hood to cover her head.

"What time is it?" Madeleine asks, adjusting her wedding ring.

"Ten minutes until ten, my lady."

Madeleine groans as she gets out of the chair. She motions for Faye to follow her. They walk quickly through the halls towards the throne room. Many nobles bowed to her as she walked through. The nobles enjoyed seeing her at court.

"Please tell his majesty that the Duchess of Hereford has arrived." Madeleine informs the guard.

The guard lets Madeleine and Lady Hall in after receiving permission.

"Your majesties." Madeleine states, curtseying to the king and queen.

"Your Grace, you may rise." Henry says.

Madeleine smiles at him, then waits.

"You must be wondering why I have called you here." Henry states.

"Yes, your majesty." Madeleine replies.

"Do you have your plans for an education for a prince?"

"Yes."

"I am pleased to announce Her majesty's pregnancy. You must prepare your lessons for a new prince. I expect some minor changes to be made to your plans already." Henry says.

"Congratulations your majesty. And yes your majesty, I have some plans already drawn up. When I return back to Hatfield I can update them and then send them to your majesty for approval." Madeleine replies.

"Your Grace, I am four months along. I wish to see your plans sooner rather than later, if you can." Queen Jane states.

"Of course, your majesty. If I have your majesties' permission I can return to Hatfield by this afternoon and the plans sent back here by the end of the week." Madeleine says.

"On your way, your grace." Henry says, dismissing her.

Madeleine curtseys quickly then walks out of the room. She grumbles to herself about the meeting.

"That meeting was pointless. It all could have been addressed in a letter. He did not need to drag me all the way to court to tell me that his wife is pregnant and he wants to see my plans for a son. He knows that I have plans for a son written out." Madeleine rants once they get back to her chambers.

"I am sorry my lady. Should I write to His Grace to tell him of our departure and the purpose of your visit?" Lady Hall asks.

"Yes, then send some maids to pack up my belongings." Madeleine replies.