1.

Melody's POV

"Roberto?" I called out, confused.

The small man had vanished into the night. Carefully, I tucked Frankie's note into my purse and headed back into the club to find Jack. From across the room Jack locked eyes with me and smiled. He approached me quickly and tugged on my waist.

"Where have you been? It's almost midnight. C'mon!"

Jack pulled me into the crowd to watch the large, gold clock tick to midnight.

"Five, four, three, two, one! Happy New Year!" The crowd exclaimed.

"Happy New Year." I whispered.

Jack leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed and danced to Auld Lang Syne. Shimmering confetti fell around us, decorating everyone's hair.

Jack's hands slipped down my back, his fingers tracing circles on my spine.

"Keep doing that Chief and I might just get in that car with you and leave right now."

"Is that so?"

To prove my point, I grabbed his tie and pulled him in closer to me.

"Let me grab our jackets and we can slip out of here."

While Jack did that, I went to go say goodbye to Peggy.

"Happy New Year Mel. See you Monday!"

She squeezed my hand as Daniel pulled her away for another dance. In the corner I saw Angie and Luke teaching some other guests a drinking game.

As fun as that looked, I had other things on my mind. On cue Jack snaked his arm around my waist and directed me towards the door.

Jack's POV

"Drive faster Jack."

I peered over to Melody who was getting quite impatient sitting in the passenger's seat.

"I'm going the speed limit you know."

"No, you're going a mile under it. Pick up the pace."

For once I wasn't the one begging. She was right where I wanted her, and I wasn't going to let her get her way that easily.

While keeping my eyes on the road, I let my hand slowly wander over to Melody's exposed leg. My hand rested gently on her knee, then carefully slid up her thigh. Her breath hitched as I reached the top of her leg slit.

She bit her lip in excitement, thinking I was going to do more. I pulled my hand away suddenly to her dismay.

"I'm not in the mood to be teased," she groaned.

"That's funny, because you're always in the mood to tease me."

"Fine, two can play Jack."

Melody traced her hand across my jawline and then to my lips, brushing them softly. She leaned closer to me, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I gulped, having to will my eyes to stay on the road. My knuckles were turning white from gripping the steering wheel so hard.

"Care to drive faster now, Chief?"