2.

Melody's POV

Hazy morning light poured through the bedroom window, casting shadows on the sheets. Jack's hand rested lazily on my hip, still fast asleep.

With a delicate hand, I brushed his blond waves away from his forehead. Softly I kissed his shoulder, slowly working my way down his chest. Finally, Jack started to stir.

"Mhm, it's too early," he grumbled.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before I left."

"Where are you going?"

"I have to go dress shopping with Peggy and Angie. Now if you don't let go of my leg I'm going to be late."

Jack sat up slightly and pulled me on top of him so I was straddling his waist.

"Don't forget you also promised Daniel you'd go get fitted for suits today."

"Can't that wait? I just want to stay here all day, with you."

He kissed my neck tenderly, his hands working their way into my hair.

"C'mon Jack, no funny business."

I kissed Jack's chest one last time before climbing out of the covers.

After a warm shower and a quick breakfast we were ready to leave.

"Let me grab my purse, I just have to check if I put the address to the bridal shop in there."

I dug into my purse until my eyes locked with the note from Frankie. With the commotion of the party last night I'd forgotten to tell Jack.

"What is it Melody?"

I held the cardstock between my fingers for Jack to take. He opened it curiously, his eyes widening when he realized who it was from.

"When did you get this?"

"Last night. Jarvis gave me a note from someone who'd told me to meet them outside in the alley."

"Wait, you met someone out in a dark alley without me? Even after getting kidnapped and having your apartment broken into?"

"Okay, maybe it wasn't the smartest decision-"

"Not the smartest? You can bet your ass that wasn't smart! Why didn't you come to me?"

I sighed, knowing Jack was only getting angry because he was protective of me.

"There wasn't time. I met this guy, Roberto, in the alley. He told me he worked for Frankie. He said that Frankie had a bunch of metals and rare gems stashed somewhere, and he wanted me to have them."

Jack rubbed his temples, absorbing the information.

"This sounds like a classic set-up, sweetheart."

"It could be, but I think we should investigate it further. Maybe it will lead us to some other mobsters to take down."

I squeezed his hand, trying to calm him down.

"I'm fine Jack. Believe it or not I can carry out missions on my own once in a while."

He gave me a small smile and squeezed my hand back.

"Just promise me that next time you'll tell me what you're up to, just in case you need back up."

"I promise."