30.

Jack's POV

I whipped my head to the side and saw Daniel, Peggy, Jarvis, Howard, Angie, and a force of about fifteen officers.

"SSR, release Agent Brown and Chief Thompson immediately."

The bulky men holding me removed their hands and took a step back. Sarah and Mason's hands shot up in the air, as if they were trying to act innocent.

Dottie still had her weapons tightly grasped between her slender hands, a methodical look on her face.

"Stop weighing your escape options Ms.Underwood, we've got the place surrounded."

"Oh, you know me so well Peg. Fine, I'll comply."

"Can someone please get her in handcuffs?" Jarvis anxiously said.

"No problem, I've got some back in my hotel room," Howard commented.

I sighed, wanting to punch that shrimp Stark.

Daniel tossed me a pair of cuffs and I went towards my sister. Daniel took care of Mason, Peggy cuffed Dottie, and the rest of the officers dealt with the burly men.

"You're under arrest Sarah, anything you say can-"

"Please Jack, I-I didn't mean to-"

"Save it, I'm done with your antics. I've got to think about how the hell I'm going to break it to the rest of the family that you're a convict."

Her face was quickly covered with tears running down her cheeks, and as much as it pained me to put her in the police car, she'd threatened Melody.

Melody.

I had forgotten all about how she'd been in pain. I quickly found her standing with Daniel and the rest of the group by an ambulance.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

She smiled wearily and took my hand.

"No, I'll be alright. Just got checked out to calm Angie's nerves. Now I was just about to hear the story of how they found us when you walked up. Continue, Daniel."

"Well, as Peggy and I were driving off she realized she'd forgotten her clutch. We went back to get it when we saw Angie, Jarvis, and Howard rushing towards our car. They informed us-"

"God he gives such a boring report," Howard said as he cut him off, "let me finish the rest. I was catching up with this fine lady, Jarvis insisted he tag along, when I spotted that alluring Russian spy pointing guns at you two! We sleuthed for a moment more and saw how much trouble you guys were in, and luckily Daniel and Peggy were headed back in their car. I ran all the way to the police station-"

"Hey! I did that!" Angie exclaimed.

He waved a hand at her and continued.

"Nevermind who did what, but I-I mean we saved you!"

"Wow, glowing report Stark."

"Don't be so sarcastic, Chief Thompson. That's Melody's job." Howard said, winking at Melody.

I pulled her closer to me; you could never trust his intentions.

"Well I think I should escort Melody back to her hotel room to rest."

"I'll come with Peg," Angie suggested.

"Jarvis and I should really be going too, there's a charity event I have to sponsor tomorrow in Greece. Such a drag."

"Sir, it's for sick children."

"Whatever, Jarvis. You're the real drag."

Jarvis sighed and turned towards the rest of the group.

"Always a pleasure to see everyone. Anna says hello. Congratulations again, Ms.Carter-I mean Mr. and Mrs.Soua."

With a swift bow he pulled Howard away and off to a waiting car. The girls headed off to the hotel, but I still had a few things to sort out with Daniel.

"So, how do you think we should handle things with our messed up siblings?"

"Pff, how should I know? Never in a million years did I think my frat brother would become an accomplice in a huge scandal."

"I'm shocked Ms.Underwood complied so easily."

"She's obviously up to something."

"I'll make sure the police put extra security on her while they haul her onto a boat back home."

He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Look, you guys should be off on your honeymoon. They've made their choices, now we make ours. We can deal with them when we get back to New York."

"Yeah, looks like you've got a lot on your hands."

He nodded over my shoulder at Melody who was fast approaching, Peggy and Angie close on her heels.

"Mel, you should be resting."

"No, not yet. I know what Frankie left behind."