ix

"Okay George, I know you shouldn't need it unless my pc overheats but I left a sticky note on my desk with my WiFi password and the password to my pc. You know where the dog food is. Please make yourself at home and you are more than welcome to sleep on my bed instead of the couch." She smiled, running through her mental checklist.
"Syd, it's okay. Don't worry about it. I've house sat for you before. I can handle it."
"Yeah, but not for this long. Oh also, the dvds and in the drawer if you want to watch a movie."
"Syd. Go. You're going to be late for your flight. Have fun in the states."
"Thank you, we will." With one last hug, syd grabbed her luggage and made her way to the car to drive to pick up her sister.

@SyddtheKidd
Goodbye Britain, see you soon states
       |
       — @TubboLive
             Have fun syd! Bring me back a keychain :)
                    |
                    — @SydtheKidd
                         Of course! Anything for my fellow L'Manberg civilian!

She put her phone on airplane mode as the plane was about to take off. She put in her headphones and soon fell asleep.

——

Clay laid on his bed, after being out all day. He was finally going through twitter and seeing what he missed while out getting things for his flight. His eyes widened as he saw Syd's tweet. He tried to call her but went straight to voicemail, He assumed it was because she was still on the plane. He tried George next. "Damnit George, pick up."
"Hello?"
"George, I have a question for you."
"No, I have no idea where in the states she is going. She didn't tell me." He chuckled softly.
"I wasn't going to ask that." Clay was lying.
"Then what were you going to ask then lover boy?"
"Oh shut up. We're just friends, you know that. Do you know when she'll be back? Is she going to be there when I visit?" He asked, sitting up. A frowned formed on his face when he heard George sigh.
"I'm sorry man, she's gone for a week. She gets back the day you leave. I know you leave at night but I have no clue when syd gets back." Clay runs a hand through his messy hair, trying to think.
"It's okay, I'll figure it out. Uhm are you down to play for a little. I want to stay awake so I can just sleep on my flight."
"Yeah sure, I'll hop on Syd's pc right now. It could be really funny."
"Haha yeah. Just call me on discord and we can hop on the server." Clay hung up, moving to his computer to play some Minecraft with George. He tried his best to keep his tone happy, but he couldn't help but worry George will know it's fake.

——

Syd yawned, as she walked off the plane with Mads. She waited for her phone to connect to the airport WiFi as they made their way to baggage claim.

@Georgenootfound
Streaming on Syd's computer! Don't tell syd.
   |
   — @SyddTheKidd
          I leave the country for only 9 hours and you do this shit
             |
             — @georgenootfound
                   you missed a fun stream :( Also I'm glad to hear you're safe on twitter rather than the call you promised to give me.

Syd chuckled, putting her phone into her pocket to grab her luggage. She sat with Mads, waiting for their Uber.

——

Clay sat in the airport, waiting for his flight. He showed up a couple hours early so he could check in and everything. He felt his phone go off and smiled seeing it was that syd tweeted. He opened up her contact and gave her a call, smiling as soon as she picked up. "Hey syd! I'm happy to hear you had a safe flight." They both chuckle.
"Yeah, a long safe 9 hour flight." He smiled, just hearing her voice made him feel the butterflies in his stomach. "on the bright side, Florida is extremely sunny so that's waking me up." His heart stopped. She was in Florida...and he was just about to leave.
"D-Did you say Florida?"
"Yeah, I'm here with my sister for her 25th birthday. We are going to Universal and other basic tourist stuff." He sighed, syd could just sense something was off. "Clay? Is everything all right?"
"What? Yeah, I'm fine. Have fun yeah? I won't bother you too much while you're with your sister." He tried to sound happy, Clay didn't want her to worry about something as silly as meeting up while she was with her sister. He thought she deserved to have fun.
"You can bother me whenever you'd like...oh I have to go. Our Uber just got her. Call me tomorrow yeah?"
"Wouldn't miss it for the world Sydnie." He smiled softly, hanging up. He ran a hand through his hair before heading to board his plane. Both Syd and Clay were completely unaware just how close they were.