PROLOGUE

"YOU BASTARD!" exclaimed my father the moment he entered the hospital room.

There's nothing new really. I've heard it from him countless of times every time I do "something stupid" that can harm his reputation. I just say my mantra, every time this happens, inside my head. "You're really the best, Gulf. You have the confidence, the looks and you're a God's gift to women. Now, you even made the busiest people on earth visit you." Just so I couldn't hear my dad's lines that I've memorized already. Because no sane person would want to hear the same rants over and over again, right?

"Honey, calm down. We aren't alone in this room." said my "oh so perfect mother", who thinks more of her image than her son's well-being, said.
"What happened to you Gulf? Where is our son who always obey and won't dare get in the nerves of his mom and dad?" She continued with a calm demeanor but I know she is just as angry as my dad.

Hmpff. Mom, I'm not the five years old Gulf who gets bribed easily with new toys and clothes.

"You've given us nothing but stress and headaches and you've done nothing but waste our money."

Not really Dad. I wanted to give you my diploma but I received nothing from you except the scowl and the harsh truth you slapped on my face. "Took you seven long years to graduate in college. If it weren't for my connections you wouldn't even see yourself have a diploma. You should be really proud of yourself huh. "

Dad scolded me to his heart's content and mom tried to talk some sense into me but I just stared at them blankly and disregarded all of what they've said. I just laid as comfortable as I can in the hospital bed with an IV attached at the back of my hand. I've got four or five broken ribs, scrapes and cuts on my arm and face, a broken leg and a concussion. No big deal.

I just got involve in a car accident because I accidentally drove my dad's car into a concrete barrier because I accidentally drank a little too much during our accidental bar hopping last night with my high school friends. Oh right, I forgot to mention that we also accidentally visited some underground casinos before the bar hopping and I think I may have lost a little amount of money playing Poker. So, now, I'm a little confused which one got my parents to visit me. Is it because of the millions that I've lost in the casino or is it the totally wrecked new Aston Martin One-77? I think it's the latter though since the car was much more expensive. But, one thing is certain it's not because they were worried that I am admitted to a hospital once again.

The point is I just laid there while my mom and dad continue their rants. With all the pain killers injected to my body and my barely conscious mind, I can't really feel anything about what they have said towards me.

“I don't know what to do with him anymore. " my father told my mother in an angry voice." I swear the moment he recovers, I want him out of the house. I don't care about him anymore and in what he will do with his life . "

"I've made up my mind." my father said once again." This stupid bastard has to learn a lesson and the only way for that to happen is for him to experience life. I'm not going to pay for his credit card and phone bills anymore. He can live somewhere else. He must buy his own food if he wants to eat and I won't let him bring his car with him when he moves out. And when he already find a stable job, he should pay me back for the car he destroyed and the money he wasted in the casino."

If it weren't for my aching body, I would probably be laughing my ass off. Was he fucking kidding? I honestly think I couldn't even pay him the few millions that I've lost in the casino. How much more a 44M THB car? And how can I possibly find a stable work when I haven't learned anything and just graduated using his connection? 

With that, he left the room while slamming the door shut. My mother sighed and looked at me with clear disappointment in her eyes because she knows that she can't do anything about my father's decision. She shook her head and said," What have you gotten yourself into Gulf Kanawut? "

I have no idea Mom. No freaking idea. But, I guess, we just have to wait and see.