Rescue and search

2023 hours

December 8th

Out of the empire state building

Ben POV

I looked at the window and banged on the window, trying to get attention. Erica immediately saw me and cracked the window in half with just three karate kicks. The glass shattered and fell on me, but It didn't stab through.

Erica gave me a hand, and this time I held it as tight as I could. She pulled me up, and then I came crashing into the floor.

I groaned.

"Are you ok?" Zoe said.

"Yeah, just a little bonk on the head."

"You just fell a hundred feet!" Mike said.

"Its a miracle, I guess."

"Were looking for the item, anyways," Erica said.

"Oh, I found it, it was on the ledge."

"Really?" Erica said, surprised. "Give it to me."

"Oh, I accidentally dropped it off the building, though."

"YOU WHAT?!" Erica yelled. She smacked me in the temple. I gasped for breath.

"What was that for? Ben just needs a break right now!" Zoe said. (In my defense, she was right)

"We need to find the treasure immediately. It's my fortune."

"Yeah, we know, but don't be too selfish and harsh-"

"Say that again, and I will knock you into a coma," Erica replied coldly.

"We need to find that key," I said, disappointed in myself that I had dropped it.

"But how? We have to go down the elevators or the stairs."

"It's ok. I already planned an escape route," Erica said.

I wasn't generally impressed because Erica always gets prepared.

"Tonight there's going to be a pool party at the entrance of the empire state building, which is the north, so we go there, and there's a pool there, that the people are hosting for a party, so we just jump from the building and splash on the pool."

"But isn't the pool a kiddie pool?" I questioned.

Erica gave me a look.

"It must be a dugout pool or something," Zoe said. "But why in the middle of New York City? It's so busy there."

And also, how deep is the pool?" Mike said

"Thirteen feet about," Erica said annoyingly. Also, the pools close to the building by the sidewalk, the party was made because some construction workers accidentally got some calculations wrong and dug a 13-foot deep hole. Hence, they decided that they should have a party because the dugout was nice looking. the workers are so dumb in NYC."

"Well, at these, they gave us a short cut," Mike said sheepishly. He then gave a smile at Erica, who returned him by a slap on the face.

"What was that for?!" Zoe said.

"Guys, we can't keep on fighting like this, Erica, you said friendships are a liability."

"I know, but if these twerps aren't gonna listen to me, then I have to do them by force."

Erica said, gritting her teeth.

I backed down. "Whoa, you have to calm down Erica, why are you such a meanie?"

"Because we don't want to mess up," Erica said coldly.

"Bens right, we need to stop fighting," Zoe replied.

"Well, then listen to me, we gotta jump on that construction pool sight," Erica said demandingly. I mean, what was happening to her?

We went to the north side of the empire and looked down. There were some police near there.

"Then how are we gonna escape with the police around?" Mike answered.

"No time to ask, let's go" Erica then just jumped like this was a daily routine for her instead of a jump for dear life.

Mike shrugged, then nervously hopped out of the building. I decided to go too. I looked down at the pool and then jumped. I didn't close my eyes, though, as I feared that I would lose my aim and land on a police officer and accident killing somebody; instead, I watched my aim while I fell like a sack of potatoes.

I saw Erica in a meditating posture. What was wrong with her?

I saw Zoe zooming through the sky, and then looked down. We were closing in the building. I braced for impact and tipped my toes forward, so I would slice through the water instead of punching through it. I then put my arms around my chest and then sliced through the water like a Katina slicing an apple in half.

The water was cold, then got warm. No one was in the pool yet, but people were beside it, filling the water.

I resurfaced, which scared tourists who were checking the construction pool out or were members of the party.

Erica quickly opened a smoke bomb, which blinded us. The smoke was thicker than I expected, so Erica must have put more stuff in that thing. Or whatever its called.

"Come over here!" Erica yelled. We all followed en-suit.

That's when a flashlight beamed over. The cops had come. It reflected the building, which gave light to the road.

I then saw the key.

It was lying on the asphalt road as cars past. I saw my chance and ran for it.

Only to get almost smashed by a Honda car with a number 856-V9dh license number plate.

Ok, so maybe my luck wasn't so good.

I fell down the road as the car was heading towards me. It was coming down fast, and I had no time to run back.

I then had one thing in mind: Get to a fetal position.

I quickly got the key, then thought to put my arms around my chest. Then, I curled up into a ball and tried your best to stick to the ground.

Except that I didn't.

I just laid flat on the floor and did some calculations on where the wheels of the car were going to go on me and the friction of the vehicle. I then moved to my predictable destination, and flippin' hoped that I wouldn't get crushed by the tires.

Well, the calculation was perfect.

It was the exact moment when I moved that the car speed over me, just missing my hands by a few inches.

When the car cleared, I took hold of the key and ran. The NYCD saw me running and chased after me.

I wondered where Erica was. I ran towards the streets of Korea town and hid behind a neighbor's trash bin. Where were Erica and the others?

I decided that I had to go solo tonight.