Talk and Showdown

2102  hours

December 8th

Out of the empire state building

Ben POV

I decided that finding Erica would be insane. First: I had to cross the street which was zooming with cars, and second, there were police everywhere, and who knows, maybe even SPYDER tried to kill me.

I ran into the other side of the busy road as cars pasted ahead of me. The car that almost killed me turned left into a street road.

I ran, trying to find Erica on the others in a rush. But I couldn't see them. So I just kept on running.

The cops saw me and pointed their guns. "Stop or we'll shoot!" the lead cop said. 
I didn't want to get shot, but it would be worse if I were captured, so I kept on running.

While my luck was going downhill, there was one advantage for me: The cops were overweight and not athletic while I had been on campus doing sit-ups and reps. So I got way faster than them.

I was so focused on the cops that I hadn't seen the sewer hole opened in the ground.

I screamed as I fell down the whole and splashed into the water. Crap, its sewer water. I dropped four feet of sewer water and rose back up, spewing out sewage.

There were four tunnels in the sewer. There was no ladder to get me up, so I had to go to these four tunnels.

There were four signs on the tunnels, indicating where I should go. One of the characters said: SPYDERS HEADQUARTERS, and then the other said SPYDERS REAL HEADQUARTERS. The other two lead around the systems in New York City.

I knew that what SPYDER does is the opposite of what we should do; I decided to go to The Real SPYDER headquarters because it was a lie.

But SPYDER was planning a trap on me, and they would know about this, so they would expect us to do the opposite of what I'm doing, which is going towards SPYDERS Headquarters.

The police were now coming down the sewer. Even though it looked disgusting, it had to do it for the city.  I had to make a decision, and I had to make it fast.

I decided that I would go to the Spyder headquarters because It was my best option. So I ran towards the tunnel. I knew if I headed towards the real SPYDER headquarters, I would have been caught in a trap. They were planning a surprise for me. 

I headed towards the tunnel as the police agents slipped and fell into the sewage. I entered a vast place of more tunnels. They had no signs in them. So I hopped for the best of luck and entered a random hole.

I then realized that I had entered the wrong hole because when I headed into the tunnel, the opening closed.

I still smelled like sewage, though.

I panicked. Maybe I was wrong about the calculations.

All of a sudden, a SPYDER agent, or I thought, came in with a rifle slung across his back. He was carrying another sidearm, which was pointed at me.

"Looks like you fell directly into SPYDERS, trap," the Agent said.

"Are you SPYDER?" I said, trying to distract him so I could find a way out of here.

"Of course not, but were their enemy," the Agent said. "And we're looking for the treasure too."
I was currently shocked. How could another organization rival SPYDER?

"Who are you? and what organization are you from?" I said.
"Oh, I guess you don't know what organization we are you'll know how old SPYDER is," the Agent said.

I was surprised. This guy knew SPYDERS secrets, but how?
"Didn't Ms. E make the organization back a few years ago?" I said, concerned and intrigued.

"Of course not! that was just a cover-up!" the Agent said. "Spyder was made along time ago, not by Ms. E, but her ancestors."

"From where?"
"From the Revolutionary war. It used to be a British spy agency. Still, then it got corrupted when the leader wanted to be evil, so now he wreaks havoc on everything on Britan, but then, our organization stood up that time, and almost defeated them. Hence, SPYDER had to flee to America."

"Wait a second, so you were saying that you went through the whole country of the UK to find just a small group of terrorists?"

"Oh, it wasn't just a small group," the small Agent said. "It was in the thousands. At that time, King George couldn't control the war, so some people thought to wreck the United Kingdom and have it themselves, basically like a rebel, but in secret and stylish."

"Ok, so you saying that SPYDER was found in the UK, then they fleed to America?"

"Yes, because the king's men were searching for them everywhere, and our organization was too, so they had to flee on a ship towards the indies."

"Hmm, that's some stuff."

"You have to get out of here anyway," the Agent said.
"Who are you even?" I said.

"I'll tell you later, first, get out!"

"Well, well, well, looks like Gregs trying to get out."

I turned around and was disappointed that SPYDER had found us. Joshua was in the middle of the gang, pointed his gun at us.

the Agent whom they call 'Greg' didn't surrender though. Instead, he pulled out a gun and pointed it at Joshua. "I've been waiting for this moment," he said.

"But wheres the rest of our organization?" Joshua said sarcastically.

"They all died a long time ago because of you," the Agent said.
"Well, then I guess maybe you will die too!" Joshua then fired his gun. But the Agent dodged in a mere second.

Joshua then took out a machine gun. I mean man, how did he even get that?

He then focused on the Agent and fired. But the essential thing was, he had no focus on me.

The bullets fired at the Agent, but the guy pulled out a smoke bomb like he already predicted what Josh was going to do next. I coughed at the smoke as everything became covered with it.

But when the smoke cleared, the Agent was gone.

"WHERE THE HECK DID HE GO?" Joshua yelled at his gang.

"I don't know, sir."

I decided that I should hide too. I was already in a place where SPYDER didn't notice me, so I hid behind a pillar just in case.

"We should go find him," One of the agents said.

"Of course not! How could we find him in New York City? One of the most popular cities in the world!"
"Then what do we do about him?" the Agent said/
"First, we need to kill Ben, that's our main," Joshua said. My spine went cold.

"Well, maybe Greg must have taken him," one of the guys suggested.

"Sort of makes sense."

"Let's go to HQ then," Joshua said. Then they left like I didn't exist.

I had to give that one to God.
All of a sudden, my earpiece burst to life. "Hello? This is Erica, ben? where are you?"

"Hi Erica, no need to explain right now, for all I know, I'm following Josh."
"Where are you?" Erica said, intrigued.

"Shhh, be quiet before they spot me, I'm gonna go radio silence now."
"Wait—" 

I shut the earpiece down and smiled. This time I was overruling Erica, ahh, the power.
I then followed Joshua because I wanted to know where the HQ was.

I then wondered where the heck that Agent called 'Greg' was.