Reunion

I have some announcments: I totally messed up the Hours program, and had been for some chapters, so I am sorry, and that I will soon fix it if I have time. 

??? hours

December 8th

Falling out of Times Square

Ben POV

Dead. Dead. Dead.

I was going to die.

I was just going to fall onto the road, crack my head open, and then a sniper would shoot me, or a car would run me over.

It was all over.

Except that it wasn't, luck was one my side.

The item key was the luck. The hunts item. It gave me a chance.

As I was falling, Zoe let loose a rope so I could catch it. I didn't know how and where she got one, but it didn't matter. The cord fell while I was falling. Unfortunate. For me, I was also falling, so I couldn't reach the cord. I was falling faster.

"GRAB THE ROPE!" Zoe said.

"I can't!"

"JUST TRY!"

I tried to snag on the rope, but it was just out of arms reach.

I still couldn't believe that Erica had tried to find the person in the helicopter first. She wouldn't think of me.

She was focusing on the treasure hunt too much that she lost her focus on her friends and me.

I was dropping into the sky now, and any second I was going to crack my head and die.

But then, the Key. The key kept that from happening.

I was holding the key in my hand, and the rope was like an inch near my hand, but I couldn't reach it.

But if I held the key, I could reach it.

So I used my other hand with the key to snag the rope.

The key got tangled on the rope, and I held onto the rope-key vigorously.

Since the key was tangled on the rope hole and also since it was small, and I was holding onto it, it became hard to grab on the key.

I held onto the rope right in time, and when I did, I was six feet from the road.

The key that I was holding was loosening quickly. I saw cars as they zoomed past me, confused and in terror.

"PULL ME UP!" I yelled. I was holding onto the key, which was tangled on the rope.

Up from here, Zoe started to pull the rope. I saw a glimpse of Erica and Mike fending off the bad guys. One of the guys even fell out of the floating car.

Zoe pulled the rope up, and in one minute, I reached the top.

It seemed that we had won the battle because I saw SPYDER agents lying on the windshield with bloody noses. Oof.

We need to get on the helicopter," Erica replied coldly.

I wondered what was up with her. She was too greedy. But I didn't want to talk about it, because it wasn't the time to talk about it either.

"We need to see whos in the helicopter," Erica replied.

"I think I already know who it is," I replied.

"Who?"

"It's the agent that saved me back in the sewers; his name was Greg something."

"Well, you should have figured it out faster!" Erica yelled angrily.

"What the heck?' Zoe whispered.

Erica turned around Zoe and hit her in the jaw.

"Owww!! What was that for!"

"Why are you so mad at this?" I replied, annoyed.

"Because you need to learn to say things quickly," Erica replied furiously.

I had no idea what she was talking about, but it wasn't right.

"OK! I HAVE ENOUGH!" Zoe replied. "WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU, ERICA?"

"Nothing, and I will push you down into this road if you don't listen to me, so shut up."

Zoe seemed to be shocked to hear this, but she, in return, just gave a glare at Erica.

"Give me the key," Erica replied.

It seemed that it wouldn't be a good idea to disobey Ericas orders, so I handed the key towards her.

She studied it carefully. It had a sign of the American seal, and it was like one of the treasure hunt keys you see in those movies, so a treasure hunt in the films are like a real treasure hunt. While being a spy was way different. In films, spys are always having cool gunfights and car chases, but in reality, it just isn't real. It was just a dangerous thing to do.

Speaking of which, we were doing right now.

"We need to get back to the motel," Erica replied.

"But we first need to find this Greg guy," Zoe replied.

"Sure, but after that, we need to go quick," Erica said.

We started to climb the rope up to the helicopter, heading towards the southern tip of manhattan.

The rope was long, and it took us about 2 minutes to reach the helicopter. And just as I expected, it was the agent that I saw in the sewer.

There were three people in the helicopter. There was Greg, and then three other guys. Maybe they were the only organization people left.

Erica went into a fighting position. Greg put his hands up In the air. He still didn't show his face. He somehow seemed to be in his twenties, or I thought.

Before Greg could claim his innocence, I stood up for him.

"he rescued me from Joshua, and he has good info on SPYDER and its past," I said.

Erica lowered her fists, but kept it trained on Greg. "Tell me more about SPYDER then."

"Not right now we're in a hurried situation. SPYDER could come ay any moment. Were going to head towards your motel to pick your friends up."

"How do you know that?" Zoe asked, astonished that he had figured that we had some other fitness.

"Im a spy, it's my job to know things," Greg replied.

Erica glared at him, jealous, because that was what she said to others. Oof.

"Were gonna head towards your hotel, or motel, to be exact, and then pick up your friends and continue the hunt," Greg said.

"How does he know about the hunt?" Erica said.

I shrugged.

"We have to go to the Boston harbors next," I said, looking at the paper for our location list.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Erica yelled.

I started to think that Erica was started to get into full-greed.