2

"Holy-"

"His string...-"

"That's so weird"

"It's cut, his fated mate cut the string?"

The whispered changed from supportive to negative in minutes. I reach for my string pulling on it slightly. It moved from it's place on the side walk.

It was cut.

John cut it.

That idiot.

That's bad.

It's worst then death.

To not have a fated mate.

Where both dead.

When my parents find out.

When they find out I was fated with a male.

Fated with a late bloomer.

When the school finds out I don't have a fated mate.

I'll lose my spot as king.

I could be kicked out of Wellstong.

Fated mates are for life it's like a crime not to have one. Or to cut your string. Sure you won't be arrested but having your string cut, mean freedom from the system. It mean your disrespecting the system. Your disrespecting your ranks.

You never disrespect the ranks. There the only thing keeping the world in check.

"OMG what- his string"

"Really does he think he can stand among us?"

"Ewww Keep walking honey don't look over there"

Soon Arlo had a crowed around him, looking from afar. At his 'fated mates'.

And Arlo took off running. Running home. Where he could think of what to do. Only did he know there was someone there waiting for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John tripped over a pile of string on his way to the kitchen. There was so much string lying around it would be hard for him to notice the small cut at the end of one pile of string. The string had seemed to be cut. But John was in aware of who cut it, if he was aware that it was cut in the first place.

"JOHN,I know your home" someone yelled form the front door.

Stumbling over his feet he made it to the front door.

"Oh hi sera" he smiled.

"Yo can I come in...or are you busy?" She questioned looking inside at the mount of string.

"Sorry it's a mess, I know but it keeps getting longer" he whine's.

She chuckled a little.

"Wow now if you don't mind-" she stepped in and made her way through the mess of string to the couch.

They spent a little while talking about the homework the school gave out yesterday and a little scolding from sera about how John should study more.

"So John do you want to play a game?"

"What game?"

"Um....close your eyes"

"Kay"

John closed his eyes. Sera lightly leaned in. Placing her lips on the others. It was a small peck nothing more.

John's eyes slowly opened.

He looked shocked.

"Sera....I have a fated mate"

"Do you?" Sera smiled.

"Yes-"

She stood up a strutted  over a pile of string, and lifted up a part of it.

A clean cut. Right through it.

"John...I think your in need of a new fated mate"