8

Holden kneeled down. He was drenched in rain from over head. The small gray kitten nuzzled into his hand. He held his umbrella over the small cat. Leaving his back exposed to the rain.

It purred gently as Holden petted its head with his hand.

Suddenly his rain stopped hitting his back. A girl with long straight teal hair squatted next to him her umbrella covered the two of them.

"He's really cute" she said turning her head to grin at the boy. "Eh yeah" a blush fell over his cheeks. Dusting his cheeks with pink.

"Sorry for not coming out sooner to cover your back but I was watching you and the cat bond".

"Eh yeah I guess" he said looking back at the cat. 

Holden picked up the small cat and the girl got up too.

"My name is Eilain nice to meet you"
She said extending her hand for the male to shake.

"Holden"

They both where quite for a moment. Intel something clicked.

"Oh you're Arlo's fated mate"

"Eh you're arlo's friend"

'We both only know of each other cuz of Arlo'

"Sorry I didn't recognize you, you look so different with your hair straight" I said looking at the Eilain.

"And I should remembered you, we go to the same school for heavens sake"

They both shock hands.

When they where shaking hands a small red string rapped around there pinky's.

"Eh what's this-"

"Wait..is this a date string- but you and Arlo-"

Eilain presses a fingers to her lip.

"Shhhh"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh I see you're just trying to save arlos reputation"

"Yeah" Eilain shyly stride her hot chocolate with a spoon.

The two had made there way into a coffee ship to get out of the rain also for Eilain to tell Holden the tea on Arlo and hers deal.

"I know it was all a joke, but at least pretending to have a fated mate was fun"

'Someone to care for you'

"I get it... it makes you seem like there's someone that's out there that cares for you" I say.

"I get that felling, compared to Arlo I'm that annoying side creator no one like"

"Yeah......" she mumbled.  Looking out the window.

Holden glances at the girl.

"Well if it helps...I think you're not only one of the most beautiful girls, and I don't think you're not annoying... in fact you're quite sweet" he said reaching to wipe the wiped cream off her cheek.

"O-oh thank you"

They both stare at each other for a bit.

"Wait did we leave the cat-"

"Oh shit-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look sera" John pointed at the window.

"It's Holden and Eilain"

"Yeah it is John, your point?"

"I thought she would be with Arlo on a date but no it looks like she's with Holden-"

SLAM

"John will you stop talking about Arlo"

Sera dropped the box's off clothes and shoes they had just bought.

"Arlo this Arlo that"

"Will You SHUT UP"

"Do you know how much work I had to go through to get you to be mine?!"

"A LONG WAY ASSHOLE I WORKED SO HARD TOO GET THIS SO STOP TALKING ABOUT ARLO AND HOW I CUT YOUR STUPID STRING"

Sera covered her mouth.

John shocked expression, seemed to go from worried as to why she was yelling to anger in a few seconds.

Smack

"Oi sera, so your the one who cut it, so I have one word of advise...fuck off"

John took off walking.

Sera's hand went to caresses her soon to be bruised cheek.

"Eh hi seraphina"

"Hi seraphina"

Two voices ran placed her out of the coffee shop but her brain was two busy processing to identify the voices.

'She had fucked up....badly'