3

"John I think your in need of a new fated mate" she grinned at the confused and scared looking John.

John hurried over time her. Grabbing the end of string from her grasp. "Um- s-sera I need sometime t-to m-myself" he said hurry her out the door. "Yeah I get it, but meet me at the mall tomorrow"

" y-yeah, s-ssssure"

The door shut behind her and John fell to his knees, his head lightly leaned on the door in front of him. His hands fiddled with the string in his hand.

The blood red coloured string that was the only reason he knowledge the blond each day, the only reason he look up from his food on the roof when he came up ever once in a while, the only reason he ever gave Arlo a chance to gain john's trust in the first place and now, they have no reason to content at all.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed with how thing turned out. The red string rubbed on his thumb. The reality of not having a soulmate anymore was devastating, even if his soulmate for one was a guy, and two it a Arlo  the one guy he hated the most.

But if they where fated together there must be a reason why...right?

Arlo was confusing nothing he did added up. Why would he cut the the string of fate? Wouldn't that be bad for his reputation? Bad for his 'system'?

Maybe he should stop thinking about the blond, he has learned that thinking is a headache when his train of thought leads to the blond. And instead think about seraphina and her request? Is it okay to call it that? I mean she did kinda ask me out. But she's my best friend. 'My only friend'

I haven't thought of her as more as friend before, and I don't want to start dating her then end up ruining are friend ship by breaking up , but turning her down would be the same as ruining are friendship.

What do I do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arlo reached his apartment. The string followed him there. It trailed after him. in a rush he pushed the key in the lock and clicked it open.  He closed the door slowly after he made it in. Uneven breath from running all that way and all sweaty.

"Arlo" it was a calm collected voice that rung form Arlo's living room.

"M-mom?" Arlo turned around to look at the pretty blond lady sitting in a chair.

"Arlo, I've been texting you all week please explain why you have not been answer"

"Mom I've been busy with school, and being king"
Arlo graves are the lose string and slowly started to riel it in so his mom could not see it.

"Oh and have you found your soulmate yet?"

Arlo choked on his words, 'of corse she would ask that'

"Y-yes"

"Oh" she looked up at her son blue eyes twinkled.

"Is she pretty?" A small smile curved onto the lady's mouth when she said this, she wanted to hear all about Her sons future wife.

"......yes"

"Oh and her rank?"

Arlo froze. If he told her john's ability and just that she could ask the headmaster witch student it was, she would only find John with his broken string and assume the worst. She would assume the truth.

So Arlo did the best he could to tell a believable lie.

"Her rank is-"