6

(Y/a)= the animal you are

March

(Y/n) pov

Today is the day Shadow and I gotten the news. "I have finished the machine. As well as testing on it with an apple to be sure it works. The machine successfully taken out the seeds out of the apple without destroying it", Tails spoke. He was calling by Shadow's phone because my phone got destroyed by Infinite. 'I'm getting a new one when this is all over.' It was noon when we received the news by Tails. The machine was finish and safe to be used on me. "Also, I called the others to come to the warehouse as well. We need to have a plan after (Y/n) no longer has the ruby in her", Tails told us that the others are coming to the warehouse. They need to have a plan ready when the phantom ruby is out of my body. They need to figure out how to hide it or destroy it before Infinite gets his hands on it. They don't want Infinite to gain that crazy strength again. They also don't want Eggman to make copies to create the real phantom ruby again. 

By now, you know that Rouge took Gadget and Tails to the G.U.N. center to look for any plans that relate sucking power out of someone's body. Which Eggman had a blueprint for sucking out power specifically for sucking Silver's power. Knuckles found a place to keep the Master Emerald safe from any danger before joining Amy, Cream, Blaze, and Sliver on finding the six chaos emeralds. Sonic went in every Eggman's base known to us and haven't found Eggman or Infinite. They found five chaos emeralds in total by the time Tails finished the machine. 

We started to head over to Tails warehouse. "I can't believe it! Today is the day I get this phantom ruby out of my body", I said in a cheerful voice. I had on a (f/c) skirt, (f/c) shoes, and (f/c) long sleeve shirt. Shadow had his normal face expression as always when we leave the house. Serious but also threatening. "I can finally not be afraid that my life is being hunted down by a jackal", I went on, "I can explore the world, visit everyone again, and get on amazing adventures!" I jumped in the air just thinking about it. "Relax, Tails hasn't even taken out the phantom ruby and you're already planning where you want to go", Shadow spoke. I giggled, "I'm sorry. I just miss being outside. I do enjoy being inside to read books, do potions, and other indoor things but being outside is different. There's fresh air to breathe in and exploring new places that I haven't seen yet". I put my hands in my skirt pockets, "I'm grateful that you let me go outside time to time". I look at him, "I'm also grateful that you volunteer to protect me. You don't know how much that means to me." Shadow looked away, "It's no problem. I wanted to repay you for hurting you the last time we were on the hill". "I told you. I forgive you. You didn't need to protect me to say sorry. I should have been truthful about having the phantom ruby. Maybe this whole situation would never happen", I reassured him. Shadow went silent, "Still, I shouldn't have hurt you and that wasn't the only reason why I wanted to protect you", he looks at me. I had a confused face on, "It wasn't?" He took a deep breath, "I wanted to do it to make sure Infinite doesn't hurt you. I was so worried for you (Y/n). I don't know if I would ever forgive myself if something bad happened to you". I felt my cheeks turn red, "Shadow... I--Thank you again. For everything you did for me these past months", I smiled. He nodded, "Again, no problem--", we both suddenly stopped walking. I looked around our surrounding, 'Someone is near us. Darkness and hatred in one being. This person has to be dangerous.' "(Y/n)", I looked to Shadow, "Run to the warehouse and find Tails". "What!? I'm--", I was cut off by Shadow yelling, "GO! Whoever is out here is dangerous for you to be near. I'll handle this on my own". I didn't speak; I didn't need too. I nodded and started to run towards the warehouse. I need to be far away from Shadow and whoever was there. 'I know Shadow can handle himself in a fight but what if that person was Infinite.' I shook my head, 'No! I need to think positive. I need to believe in him that he can beat Infinite.'

Shadow pov

I saw (Y/n) running far away from me and whoever was near us. I know the person that is near me. I heard a familiar chuckle, "Sending her away before the fight begins". "Come on out Infinite! I know it's you!", I yelled out loud. I turned around to see Infinite still in his outfit he worn in the war and in (Y/n)'s house. "I'm here to kill (Y/n) not her black knight", Infinite cross his arms. "I'm not letting you get anywhere near her", I growled at him. "I see now, you had gotten close with the (f/c) (y/a). Rather too close for your own liking. Quite interesting--", I threw a kick towards Infinite but he dodged it. I was in his original spot while he was in mine. Both our backs were now facing each other. Him just talking about (Y/n) just wants me to rip off his head right now. I heard him chuckle again, "Now this fight will be a rematch from the last time we fought". 'Rematch? Last time? Have we meant before?' "What does that mean, huh?", I questioned him. I turned around to see him also turning towards me. "You don't remember me because I gotten stronger", he put his hand on his mask, "Maybe seeing my face will return those memories back in your mind". He took of his mask to reveal a familiar face.