9

Infinite pov

'How did that stupid mortal know how to absorb and control the power of the phantom ruby?' "Where are those idiots?!", I heard Eggman whispered. "Who sir?", I asked. On cue, the metal door slides open to reveal the small yellow and red robots. "Cubot! Orbot! What took you two so long you useless robots?!", Eggman shouted out them. "We're sorry s-sir, but it was hard to sneak around the factory without her finding us", Orbot explained. "Enough excuses! Just free us!", Eggman yelled at them again. The two robots looked at each other then looked at Eggman, "Uh, sir? How?", Cubot asked. The room went silent, "Grab my legs and pull me down", I told them. They both looked at each other again before they both fly towards me. They each grab one of my legs and started to pull me down to the floor. My feet touch the metal ground making a loud thud sound. An alarm soon went off causing me to look at the two robots. Cubot and Orbot started to panic before they went to pull down Eggman. The door opened to reveal one of Eggman's robots. "They're in control by Rose sir!", I heard Orbot yell out. Eggman started to mutter under his breath. The robot did nothing but blocked the only way out. I was about to attack the robot but Eggman put a hand in front of me. "No Infinite. Don't waste the rest of your power on the robot. Use it to escape this island and find Sonic", Eggman instructed me. 'WHAT!? He's not serious, is he?' "What? Why--", he cut me off, "You are the only person who can get off this island. She has control of everything I built meaning my escape ship. You can use the little of power you stored in yourself to find Sonic". Orbot butted in, "Sir, what about you and us?" "Yeah! What will happen to us?", Cubot came beside Orbot. "I'll be distracting her while Infinite escape the island and is far away from this place. You two will be accompanying him escaping this island", Eggman explained. "Eggman, you're the smartest person here and your telling us to find the creature you despise in your life. What am I supposed to do when I find Sonic? He'll won't listen to me and I'll be attacked", I pointed out the details. "That is why you'll be taking these two. They'll be program with something important that Sonic will be willing to listen", Eggman put each hand of his on the robots head, "In ordered to be activated, it needs a key phrase. That is why I need to whisper this in your ear". He walks up to me and whispered the key phrase. "What does it mean?", I asked. "You'll find out when you say this to Sonic or Amy. Now--", Eggman pushed a button on his watch and aim it to the robot. Eggman shot a laser beam at the robot, the robot was destroyed, and the way out is open. 

We got of the room and realized the whole place changed. We're in some kind of fancy hallway. There are white pillars in the hallway and red tiles with a long purple rug in the central. There are windows with purple roses surrounding a red heart with green veins tangled around it. "Now, go! I'll get the robot's attention while you escape!", Eggman yelled out using his watch to shoot at the robots to get their attention on him. I found a glass window which I broke in ease. I grabbed the two robots from each hand and flew them out of the place. I turned around to realized it was a castle. The castle colors were either red, purple or black. There was all the feature of a castle would look like, but the strangest thing about is on the top of the castle. There wasn't a upside cone instead it was nothing on it. Like other castles, there are upside cones on each structure including the main one. This castle was different, I turned my head forward, and looked for Sonic.  

Meanwhile...

Shadow pov

I struggled to walk towards the warehouse but kept on pushing. My eyes widened when I saw the outside of the warehouse almost destroyed. I shook my head, 'She safe, the others are protecting her from him.' I kept on walking until I saw Cream entering the warehouse with Cheese. I finally got to the entrance of the warehouse which I looked inside. My eyes widened, there was rubble and huge chunks of the warehouse on the ground. I felled down onto my knees on the ground. I saw Cream and Cheese looking in the rubble. I heard footsteps getting near me, "SHADOW!!!", I heard Amy's voice yell out. She looked at me before she looked inside the warehouse. "Are you alright?", she asked. "He got her...", I could only say. My thoughts were everywhere, 'I failed her. I failed you (Y/n). I didn't protect you. I broke the promise of protecting you from him.' Amy ran in the warehouse and moved the rubble. I'm guessing she's trying to find Tails or (Y/n)'s lifeless body. I heard more footsteps, "Damn. I thought I was badly beaten up", I looked up to see Sonic. He had bruises everywhere on him, "What happened?!", Sonic looked inside the warehouse. I looked down, "I failed her...", again, the only thing I could think of. Sonic whispered, "No...". He sat down next to me; we couldn't do anything without our injuries getting in our way. "Don't tell me...", I turned my head to see Gadget helping Knuckles by carrying him by his arm. It looks like Knuckles was in and out of conscious. Gadget put Knuckles on his back near us. He saw the inside of the warehouse and saw Amy and Cream moving the rubble. "I'm going to help...", he said trying to keep a tear in. He went in to help the girls. 'How could I fail her? I was the ultimate life form! I thought that I won't lose her like I did with Maria...'