8

Last chapter was long I know but it was worth reading. After all, I mention this event happen before on the other book. I love mentioning different timelines. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

I opened my eyes, it was blurry, but I could see some figures of objects close by. 'Where am I?' I moved around but I couldn't. My wrists were strap down and my legs were tied up with rope. I shook my head to feel a cloth is wrapped around my mouth. My eyes soon got clear and I could see where I am. I'm in a square room made of metal. I could see speakers, some lights on the ceiling, and the metal floor. There was a closed metal door in front of me. I looked down on myself, I'm on a metal chair with metal cuffs on my wrists. Brown rope were wrapped around on tight my legs and on the metal chair. My (f/c) long sleeves had some dirt on it and a hole on the left side sleeve. My (f/c) skirt had a ripped at the edges. I tried to jump while sitting down but the metal chair was glued onto the floor. I shook my head in frustration, 'How the hell did I end of here? What happened?' I tried to remember before, but I was interrupted by a door opening. I looked up to see the metal door slide open to reveal Infinite. 

I have a serious face on to show him that I'm not afraid of him but truly I was shaking inside. "Look what we have here", he walked around me, "(Y/n) has woken at the exact time when the machine is all powered up". 'Machine? What's going on?' I muffled in the cloth that is wrapped around my mouth. Infinite got the message and pulled down the cloth down to my neck. "Where am I? What happened? I don't remember anything before leaving Shadow's house. I remember being with him after leaving. What did you do to him?", I asked him. He was looking at me when I asked all the questions to him. He started to chuckle, "You don't remember what happened?", he turned his body to me. He got closer to me, "Shadow made you run away from him and to find that little fox friend of yours. I had my rematch with him and won. I went to get you from your friend's warehouse to find the place almost destroyed. I found you under some rumble and brought you here to the doctor", he summarized what happened. "What happened to Tails? How did the warehouse get destroyed?", I asked. "I can answer those questions (Y/n)", I heard Eggman's voice coming through the speakers, "You see (Y/n), your "intelligent" fox friend thought he planned everything well including adding some ideas of his onto the machine. That machine he was making was missing a part. A part that he couldn't find in a short notice nor make. This part is quite rare to get and is why I left the plan behind. Tails thought he could work around it and replace the important part with his ideas. Without the part for the machine, the machine couldn't get the phantom ruby out of you. That is why the machine exploded when it was activated on you. Although the test on the apple did get me confused, why didn't the machine explode on the apple? Oh well. And about Tails?" I looked at Infinite, "Nowhere to be found. My target is you not him". I felt tears running down on my cheeks, "Oh don't cry (Y/n). His sacrifice wasn't in vain. After all I would get to have the honor of taking out the phantom ruby out of you", Eggman announced in the speakers. I shook my head, 'Tails... I'm so sorry. It's my fault for your death. If I gave the phantom ruby to Shadow instead of hiding it. I shouldn't had played around with it. I--'. "This is going to hurt more than Tails's machine", I heard Eggman said before the shock came. My vision became blurry, I started to scream from the pain that just shot in through my body.' I felt my tears falling off my cheeks and onto my body that is in pain. 

Suddenly the shock stopped, I took in heavy breaths in and out. I felt the pain in me still, but the shock was finally over. My vision went back to normal to see the phantom ruby on my lap.I heard footsteps getting near me and before I could look up, a hand picks up the phantom ruby off of my lap. I looked away, already know who pick the phantom ruby up. I heard Infinite chuckle again, "Finally! I have the phantom ruby". A bright of red light lighten up and I looked up at Infinite with the ruby in hand raised in the air. Not even a second later, the phantom ruby shattered in his hand. My eyes widened, 'HUH?! Did the phantom ruby shatter?' I heard a deep growl, "What. Happened. To. The. Phantom. Ruby?", he looked at me. "She mostly didn't cause this", I heard Eggman's voice clearly. I saw the metal door slide closed behind Eggman. He walked towards us, "What do you mean doctor? It's her fault; she had the phantom ruby in her", Infinite showed Eggman the little pieces of phantom ruby in his hand. "The phantom ruby is now in piece is because there isn't anymore power in it. Someone had taken up all the power away from the ruby and absorbed it for their own gain", Eggman unravel. "You're saying (Y/n) had absorbed the power of the phantom ruby and now the ruby is useless", Infinite asked Eggman. Infinite threw the pieces across the room. 'Did I? No, how could? I don't know how to activate it'. "No", Eggman spoke again. "No? No what?", Infinite questioned. "(Y/n) wasn't the one who absorbed the power from the phantom ruby", Eggman reworded his sentence to make it sense. I looked down in confusion, 'So I had the phantom ruby in me but not the power. Then who has the power?' "Then who?", Infinite asked. My eyes widened, "No...", I whispered.