chapter 5: backlash

I woke up in the twilight drive in next to jughead. Cheryl was sleeping on the other side for the room. I had extra clothes so I changed into them . I didnt have time to curl my hair.  Here is what I look like.
My hair

My outfit

My outfit

        After I changed I woke cheryl and jug up

        After I changed I woke cheryl and jug up. They got dressed. Then we left for school.
      When we got to school , everybody was staring at me. I ignored them, but then principal Honey came up to me and asked me and cheryl to come to his office.
        We went with him to his office. As soon as we got to the door we were ambushed with police cuffing us. we were some common criminals .
         After they were done, they brought us down the hall, and out of the school. Everyone  one was staring at us. Cheryl was trying to get them to uncuff us. They didn't  listen . I knew better than to argue with people who have guns.
           They put us in the police car  and got in. Cheryl, who by now was quiet.  Me on the other hand, I was just getting started. I knew it wasn't  wise to argue in front of everyone .  It would tarnish my parents  reputation ,  atleast that's what they would say.
            So I used my smarts and asked them "why are you arresting us? You   have nothing on us. You have no reason to arrest us, sheriff keller.
            They didn't say anything, they just sat there in silence. I just shut up. We sat there in silence the whole way there.
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       When we got there  they put us in the same integration room. "You guys lied to us. Cheryl said he drowned. He was shot in the head." Sheriff keller said.
       What you dont know is we have a secret. Jason drowning was a cover story. You see jason was trying to run away with his pregnant girlfriend,  polly cooper.
        "We told you everything, we know."cheryl said.
        I look at cheryl and say "that's not all true, well the drowning was a lie. We were just trying to help us fake his death. We didnt know about the gunshot.".
       "Why was he trying to runaway?". Sheriff keller.
        "He didnt want to be apart of the family business.". Cheryl  said finally  giving in.
         "we dont know. He just asked  for our help.". I lied not wanting to expose polly.
         "are you sure?" . He said looking me in the eye.
         "Yes we are.". Cheryl  said grabbing his attention.
          After that, our parents  made them let us out. When we got home, we got yelled at.
          "Its not our fault."  Cheryl  and I said.
          Just then, our mom walked up and slapped us both. I was shocked, it's not like they haven't done that before. This was a harder then ever. It wasnt for discipline,  it was just to hit us.
          I didnt cry, I didn't react. I just held the spot where she had hit me. Cheryl on the other hand, was crying and ran to her room.
        I walked after her but to my room. All I felt was the stinging sensation where my mother had hit me. I still wasnt crying, I just sat there staring a picture of jason, cheryl, and me as kids.
       Just then, I got a text from the group chat. It was from betty.

                       Backbones <3

Betty: I'm sorry viola...

                                        Me: it's fine

Betty: ok, thanks for forgiving me

Ronnie: ik this might be a personal question, but why were you and cheryl arrested?

Arch: yeah, what did happened?

Juggy: guys. That is a really personal  question.  You dont have to answer it.

                                     Me: it fine jug, its.               
                                     Better if yall hear
                                     It from me.
                                     *I'm not saying it
                                      Again so yk the
                                     Story*

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I'm sorry that this chapter is terrible  and probably doesnt make any sense. I hope your enjoying the story so far. Please vote. Bye! <3