chapter 9: the lonley depths

All I can remember is running to the river seeing cheryl standing there and jumping in to a hole in the icy river."cheryl no!". I screamed running  towards the hole.
         "Where is she?!". Veronica screamed.
         "The currents got her!". Jughead screamed.
         Archie started punching the ice. Blood was coloring the clear water. He was bleeding.
        "I'm going in. When I was two I fell in water like this and jason saved me. He taught me how to swim in water like this.".  I said.
        "You cant you'll freeze to death!". Betty said.
        "If i dont she'll die. Please, she's all I have left.". I begged.
       "Okay, what do you want us to.". Betty said.
        "Veronica, call the police tell them what happened. Arch, continue I'm gonna need you to pull me out.  Jug and b, hold my clothes.". I say as undress to my underwear handing the my clothes.
         That was it I jumped into the water. It was cold. I wasnt worried about that. I swam with the current till I saw a flash of red hair that wasnt my own. It was cheryl.  I grabbed her by her wrist and wrapped on arm around her. Archie  than pulled me out. 
          I felt a jacket  being thrown over me. I then noticed Cheryl's state. She wasnt breathing.  I than said "jug help me preform  CPR. We cant wait until the paramedics get here.".
         "What do you need me to do?". Jughead said without hesitation.
          I grabbed his hands " put them like this and press quickly 5 times and  then pause and wait for my signal.". I said.
          So he did. Five. Quick. Presses to her heart. I then opened her mouth and breathed into it . I nodded to jug.
Five. Quick. Presses to her heart. I repeated. Again. Five. Quick. Presses to her heart. I repeated. "Stop.". I told him then waited.
          She then coughed up water. I breath a sigh of relief. I heard sirens in the distance. I then felt my self begin to cry. I couldn't stop it. Tears rolled off my cheeks. Cheryl  looked at me with sorrowful eyes. She hugged me tightly. I just cried harder than I have in a long time. She didnt say anything. No one did. We all just sat there in silence.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Cheryl absolutely  refused to leave my side. They all did. Even when they asked to come with them to tend to his fist. He refused. Parents and paramedics all came up to them asking them anything. They all refused.
           "You guys dont have to stay with me.".  I finally  said.
          I felt someone grab my hand. It was betty. "Were your friends and I'm your cousin. We want to stay here.". She said.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later, we were aloud to go home. They all stayed at my house.  I took a shower and got dressed. When I came out of the bathroom looking like this:

 When I came out of the bathroom looking like this:

            "Hey skates, how you doing?"

            "Hey skates, how you doing?".  He asked leaning by the bathroom door.
            "Fine, how are you and betty doing?". I asked
            "Good, why do you ask?".  He asked.
            "Just wondering.". I said.
            "Why do You think you can lie to me? What's wrong.". He said.
            "Its nothing.  it's just, I dont wanna see my bestfriends heart broken again.". I said.
             "She wont I promise.". He said grabbing my hand.
             "She better not or I'll cut her.".  I said.
             He laughed. "I'm serious  juggy.". I said.
             His face got scared. I started to laugh. "You should see your face.". I managed to choke out during laughs.
             "Ha ha, very funny.". He said when everyone else came in.

           ♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

     It was late. Everyone was asleep, but me. I couldn't get the icy cold feeling out of my body.
      When I was younger, when my siblings and I couldn't sleep we'd climb to the roof and lay under the stars. So I did, I need a sense of familiarity.
       Laying under the  stars was beautiful. I heard footsteps I looked over to see betty. "Couldn't sleep either.". She said laying next to me.
       "Yea, just needed to look at the stars.". I said.
        We just laid there in silence till we both fell asleep.

A/N

Ok so I might do more then 10 chapters.  So yea hoped you liked this chapter. Bye