Chapter 25: Angel With a Shotgun.

~2013~

I knew there was something special between me and Juice, something neither of us could explain or rationalize. I didn't know how to begin to talk about my feelings towards him, I was speechless. He makes me happy, thats the first time I can actually say that. I'm happy with Juice and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

I know its illegal for us to be together, but I've kinda allowed Juice to stay the night at my house with me, usually dad is home but other times he's not. Juice can be very quiet and when needed, he hides either under my bed, in my closet, or on the ledge out my window. Those are the only three hiding spots he's found so far. But now we don't need to hide anymore. Why? Let me tell you a story.

Dad's away on a small trip so its just me at home. I got lonely so I called Juice to see if he wanted to come over. He was there within the hour. We started out just watching a movie but then it progressed into way more than I bargained for. My dad came home earlier than expected. He walked in on me and Juice naked on the couch getting it on (we never actually got to do anything serious). Dad saw Juice's patch-in tattoo and demanded to know his age. Juice told him he was 21 while I was gonna lie and say something else, I didn't want him to get into trouble. Dad threatened Juice, he said he'd call the cops if Juice didn't get the fuck out of his house or if he came near me again. Juice and I both knew that wasn't going to happen, true love will find a way.

Once Juice left dad told me we needed to talk about some stuff. That's how my dad found out I was lying to his face about Jax and Gemma being in town. He said if they came near me again they'd all get arrested. I didn't want that to happen to them so I did as he said and stayed away; but that doesn't mean I stopped talking to them. Gemma, Juice and I devised a plan to get me the hell out of there.

I made sure the knot was tied tightly around the handles of my duffle bag. I kept the bedsheet tightly wrapped around my hand as I began to lower the small bag out the open window. The night air was warm but sticky, I began to sweat right away. My racing heart didn't help either. My hands began to get extremely sweaty as I lowered the bag down to the ground below. Every time to bag would smack or rub against the side of the house my stomach curtled, it was hidden in the bushes now. I let go of the bedsheet and watched as it pooled around the bag in the safety of the bushes.

I sat at the white desk in the dimly lit room, pencil to scarp paper that I ripped out of my notebook carelessly. 

Father,

No, that's too formal. I really want to stick it to him.

Yo Old Man,

So I'm a gangster now? Maybe a little formality would be a good thing.

Dear Dad,

No, it sounds like I'm running away from home. Well, I am but it sounds like I'm 14 instead of almost 18. Be mature too, so stick it to him, be formal but be polite. Okay, I can do this.

Dad,

Seeing as I'm no longer allowed near Juice (the only man I KNOW I'll ever truly love). I'm leaving anyways, some friends have a cult in the woods; no not satanic, its a cult of hippies. I'm going to join them for a couple years.

You said there is nothing worse than knowing your daughter is a biker slut, well how 'bout a hippie slut? That's more than one partner is one night. At least when I was a "biker slut" I had one partner and one partner only.

Don't bother looking for me, don't put out missing persons reports, don't get the cops involved because by the time you do find me, I'll be an adult and I WILL NOT be coming back to Huntington Beach.