Chapter 3

Itachi laid his head back into the hot water, allowing the liquid to course through his body, it's heat able to calm aching joints. Itachi was a fit man in general, but when all he did was flip through paperwork, and discuss boring plans, with boring people...it gets old pretty quickly. That's why Itachi didn't mind putting his hands down for a while, and absolutely relax. He didn't focus on anything other than the warm water that he let consume his entire soul to give him the ultimate tranquility possible.

For a little while anyway, because soon, he had been sprayed with water coming from Shisui. Itachi glared at his cousin, his stare enough to frighten a tiger. When it's given to Shisui though, it's like a compliment.

Shisui grinned at his friend, before spraying him with more water, clearly not understanding that Itachi was going to kill him. The Hokage took a deep breath, then waded to the other side of the water, burrowing deep into the steamy liquid. His eyes were only visible above the water, along with a few strands of his dark hair.

Shisui shrugged it off, staying put, just as Itachi predicted and wanted. The raven sighed, and this time nothing rudely interrupted him. He unwinded once more, the warm steam leaving small droplets of water on his pale skin. He closed his eyes slowly, and tried to shut out the noises around him as well. The argument that broke out between Deidara and Akatsuchi faded, away from his thoughts and mind...Shisui's laughter diminished as well, and what was left for Itachi was pure repose, a peace barely ever obtained. It was nice to just lay in the water like that, to have no worries, and to not be stressed. Itachi realized that he needed to go to the hot springs more often, if that was the result of doing so.

Itachi opened his dark eyes again, permitting the sounds and images of real life to enter his brain and soul once more. The fight that Deidara and Akatsuchi were having had already finished, and the two males became normal with one another. Shisui had his shoulders, and anything below it, under the water, his eyes firmly shut, with a smile on his mouth.

Itachi yawned quietly, deciding that he should probably head out now. He wasn't planning on staying in the onsen for long, after all. Tomorrow was the Kage meeting, and he needed to be ready for it. He had to fix up his office a bit, and then organize the papers...being Hokage was very tough, for sure. And Itachi felt relief when he remembered that there was a blonde boy named Naruto Uzumaki, a friend of Sasuke's, who was willing to become the Hokage. Itachi would certainly let the kid be the leader of Konoha, but he had to stay the title as Kage for a few more years, since Naruto was only sixteen. Once the Uzumaki turned twenty, then Itachi could give the title to him. Anyway, Naruto was more eligible to become Hokage rather than Itachi, because his father, Minato Nakimaze, was the Hokage before the Uchiha. And that meant that Naruto was much more prone to being the leader, having the blood of being Hokage in him. Itachi had to work hard for the title though, and until Naruto was old enough, the raven was going to savour every day left for him as the leader of his village.

"Shisui," Itachi called out lazily. His cousin opened his eyes to him, tilting his head to the side, "Yeah?" He asked.
"I'm leaving now," the raven answered. The scorn in Shisui's expression went unnoticed by Itachi as he got out of the water. He reached for a towel near the edge of the pool, wrapping it around his waist. He then proceeded to walking silently towards the changing rooms. When he was done drying the water from his hair and body with the towel, Itachi began to put on his clothes, smoothing out any wrinkles that managed to take over his pants and shirt.

At the moment Itachi was done dressing, the other three males entered the changing room, a towel around each of their waists. Shisui, Deidara and Akatsuchi put on their clothes without a sound, their wet hair dripping water on the floor.

Soon, all four shinobi were waiting by the woman's room, as they had already informed Kurotsuchi of their intent to leave the Hot springs. It didn't take too long for the Tsuchikage to come out of the onsen, her black hair a bit wet from the recent activity of bathing. She smiled at the males, before all five of them began to walk away, the sun that was setting becoming a beautiful sight to them.