Chapter 5

Itachi waited near a ivory tree, his head leaning against the bark. He was prepared to meet Izumi, because she had asked him to take her out today. Of course, he would be doing that.
As he waited, he began to trace random circles on the bark, something he did more often now. The small patterns soon became big, squiggling circles, and he began to wonder what he was even doing.
Luckily for him, it was at that moment Izumi arrived, walking elegantly towards her lover.
Itachi turned to her, a small smile on his lips. He hadn't gone out with her in a while after all, being busy with the Chunin Exams and all that stuff, so it was quite nice to spend some quiet time with his girlfriend.

"Where would you like to go?" Itachi asked Izumi as she got closer. The brunette rubbed her stomach, "I'm hungry," she said, reaching for the raven's hand.
Itachi held her hand tightly, nodding, "Alright. We can go eat something first then," he said to her, already beginning to walk away from the tree.

(A/N Oi, don't worry. There is some ItaIzu, yes, but this fic is full itadei. Just wait a bit for Itachi and Dei's relationship to develop)

She followed him, chatting with Itachi about this festival she would like him to arrange.
"There's no time for festivals," Itachi sighed for the seemingly hundredth time, "The Chunin exams are starting soon, Izumi,"

The brunette smiled, "Then how about after the exams? So in a month or so?" She asked hopefully, giving Itachi her most pleading gaze.

The raven chuckled, "Okay, sure," he said, "I guess it will be fine then,"
Izumi kissed him on the cheek sweetly, "Thanks," she whispered, interlacing her fingers with Itachi's.

Itachi gave her a quick peck on the top of her head, "Of course," he answered.

They stopped every now and then to talk with the people in the village, discussing topics that always ranged from one thing to another. Itachi enjoyed these moments, whenever he was able to spend time with the ones he cared for. Izumi seemed very pleased as well, it seemed, because the way that she was smiling and laughing was proof enough.

Maybe, Itachi thought, that he could do this more often. That would be nice, to just forget his business as the Kage for a little. Become an average person in the world. Not one with the responsibility of the village weighing on his shoulders.

Izumi pointed to a small shop, saying that she would like to check it out quickly. Itachi nodded for her to go, and said that he would stay right here until she came back.

He patiently waited for Izumi to emerge from the shop, only to have something catch his eyes. Or more like something catch his ears.

"Well how was I supposed to know that you had to pay for it?" A voice quite familiar shouted.

"Are you stupid?" Came the yelled reply, "It clearly says right here that you need to pay 79 yen for that apple!"

"Actually," answered the other, "It was fucking scratched out, un. Make things more obvious next time, jerk,"

Itachi knew that voice since a couple of days ago. Sure enough, when he walked towards the ruckus, he saw Deidara berating some chubby man in front of a fruit cart.

Deciding to step in, he gave a glare to both men, shutting them up. The man lowered his eyes to the ground, but Deidara just huffed softly.

"What's going on?" Itachi demanded.

"Well, this bastard is-," Deidara started, but was interrupted by the chubby man, "Lord Hokage, this guy over here is a thief, and he attempted to rob me of my fruits,"

Itachi raised an eyebrow, allowing him to continue to explain. However, Deidara shook his head angrily, butting in, "That's not true at all, un!" He shouted, "I thought that it was damn free!"