four.

"Sing tenor!" Mari's mom—Maxine, pointed at her husband and sons as they all cleaned up in the living room

"Sing tenor!" Mari's mom—Maxine, pointed at her husband and sons as they all cleaned up in the living room. It was Saturday, and they always came and cleaned up the house together, and typically had dinner, today was no different.

Tariq, Zion and their father—as well as Jaida's husband all sang their respective parts of the song until Maxine directed her 'microphone' to the sopranos, which were Emari, Mycah and Samaria.

"Rain down on me!" they sang, Emari holding her niece and rocking side to side, making her laugh.

"Let, let, let, let, let it fall on me," Jaida, Tariq's wife and TJ filled in, as the music blasted throughout the house. It smelled fantastic due to the fact that it had just been cleaned top to bottom and there being food in the oven.

They all sang through the key changes in the song from whatever part of the living room they were in, Maxine acting as Kirk Franklin, which she always did. She always directed the family songs, even if it wasn't gospel.

"Melodies from Heaven! Rain down on me! Rain down on me!" there were hand claps to be heard, random ad-libs, the kids were dancing around the kitchen and Emari couldn't help but to record it because they always did this.

"Good job everybody!" her mom clapped when they were finished. "Babe, you was a lil flat, we gon get you some tea, you can't be singing one bad key in my choir," she spoke, causing Jaida and Emari to burst into laughter, and shut right up when he looked over at them.

All five siblings now fell back on the couch while they waited on dinner, and watched the kids continue to perform whatever songs came to their head—aunt Munch hyping them up over and over.

"Y'all one singin' ass family," Jaida's husband, Blake, chuckled, watching his daughter and nephew.

"Been like that since we was little, Big Mama had all our lil asses in youth choir," Jaida laughed at the memories. "Rehearsals all the time, she said she was gon get her Jacksons damn it,"

"Onna guys, Big Mama used to snatch me up before I could leave for basketball practice," Zion shook his head with a chuckle. "Had me in that church singing like I was getting paid,"

"At least we all have a talent," Emari shrugged, pulling her phone out. "Except daddy," she chuckled.

Her notifications were full of instagram notifications, some from twitter, and a few messages. She tucked her lips in when she saw Xavion finally texted her back to stop herself from grinning like a kid.

Xavion: nah nah I just left the gym
: mhm okay, if you don't wanna talk to me you could just say that sir

It had been about two weeks since he first got her number. It took him days to text her, and when he finally did, she couldn't lie, she was very excited. Her last relationship, if you could even call it that, really wasn't much to brag about, and even though Xavion hadn't made his intentions a hundred percent clear, the feeling of a crush was always exciting.