nine.

"Yes! He kissed me and bitch," Emari exaggerated as she worked

"Yes! He kissed me and bitch," Emari exaggerated as she worked. She and Sahara had just gotten off actual work and were at her apartment while she got to work on some bridal shower cupcakes that needed baking and decorating, and a cake as well.

The she actually started yesterday, since it was ring shaped and involved macarons, meringue cookies and decorative flowers. Today she'd just be layering the cake and decorating it, but the cupcakes needed to be made from scratch. She washed her hands as soon as she got home and got to work.

"Finally! Oh my lord I been waiting, y'all took forever," Sahara laughed as Mari rolled her eyes.

"I been getting to know him, Ms. Girl," she smarted back.

"No, that's amazing, honestly sis. Having a friend in him first really makes everything better," she agreed. "So, when are you seeing him again?" she smirked.

"It depends on how he's training this week. They have him doing day shift deliveries again this week, so he has to train in the evening, and he has a match coming up next Thursday so he might be doing some extra," she explained.

"Look at you knowing your lil baby schedule!" Shara cooed and Emari shook her head with a brief chuckle. She was honestly glad Sahara liked Xavion. When she was dating Quincy, Mari could tell her best friend did not like him—and for good reason, she was just too naïve to see it at the time.

"You gave him a lil ugly nickname yet?" Sahara smirked and Emari erupted into laughter.

"They're not ugly!" she pouted. "I been trying not to say it out loud but I definitely changed his contact name ," she giggled.

"They're not ugly, pooh I'm sorry. They're just...very Fletcher-y. All y'all asses got nicknames I cannot remember y'all real names half the time. What's his?"

"I changed it to Dooda," she pouted yet again. "I don't call him stink or nothing out loud, you should be proud of me,"

"I am! Stink is like your favorite," she chuckled. "I lowkey wish I could get away wit' that. Rashaad would laugh me the fuck out if I called him Stink, or Dooda. He laugh when I call him Pooh. Pooh!" she stressed, throwing her hands up.

"What do he call you, then? I only ever hear y'all say baby," she wondered.

"He call me baby, Mani, fat head and boo sometimes. Very heavy on the sometimes," she chuckled. "I call him Rashaad, baby and he let's me call him Bear once a year. Also dumb ass," she nodded and Emari busted out laughing again.

"You know how I get though, I need my man to feel my affection through my pet names," she explained. "If I just call you babe, then yeah that's cute but like I need him to feel it,"

"Okay, crazy," Sahara laughed.