eighteen.

That night, Xavion didn't sleep, he couldn't

He stayed up thinking, just thinking. He didn't cry anymore, he couldn't stop thinking about his mother, how heartbroken and sad she's be. Selena expressed all of her emotions through her eyes, and he wouldn't be able to take the look in her eyes after she learned what had been going on.

"Baby..." he heard Emari call out to him. She had stayed with him that night, and now into the next morning, she was up with him. She couldn't stay up with him as hard as she tried, but she was sure to be up early with him, sliding a mug of tea across the counter to him.

He just looked up at her, and she reached over and held his face, rubbing her thumb across his bottom lip. "Talk to me, baby. What do you wanna do?" she asked and he let out a shallow breath from his nose.

"I-I don't know," he said simply. "I think...maybe I should tell Desireé first," he sighed.

"That's a good idea, baby. Then y'all can talk to her together," she nodded. "But...what about Dymond?" she wondered, and his eyes fluttered closed before he ran both his hands down his face.

"How I'm gon tell her that? I didn't even—fuck man," he groaned frustratedly, standing up from his seat and pacing around his living room. "Why the fuck would he do this to my mama? All the shit she sacrificed for him—for our family and he just go behind her back and fuck her over like—Mari I swear to God next time I see him it's gon take a lot to not put my hands on him," he ranted.

As badly as she wanted to tell him that was not the answer, she also knew he had a bad temper, and telling him wouldn't stop him in the moment. She also knew that she couldn't physically stop a boxer from hitting someone, it just wasn't realistic so she hoped hw wouldn't.

"Baby, I known you're hurting right now, but you really need to get some rest before anything happens. Maybe you can call your sister and then we can try to take a nap? Does that sound good?" she nearly pleaded with him, walking over to him and placing a gentle hand on to his back.

"I'm not gon be able to sleep, Mari," he grumbled.

"We can try, let's just try okay?" she suggested again, keeping her voice low. She wasn't really sure how to handle his anger as she'd never experienced it before. All she knew was she had to remain calm so he wouldn't go off the deep end and do something he'd regret later on.

"Des when you off today?" he asked, sitting on the couch with Mari beside him.

"Um I have two houses to show but after that I should be free. What's the matter?" she asked, and he could hear her heels clicking as she walked, probably on her way to the first house now.

"I just need to talk to you. Come over after?" he asked, trying to sound as calm as possible, so as not to alarm her.

"Yeah of course," she said. "It'll be around two, is that okay?"