Prologue: The beginning

The frosty wind blew harshly outside the glass paned windows of the Yagari mansion as Toga and his fiancé sat on the windowsill watching the snowflakes shimmer and dance.

They had both had a long day and were very tired.

"So, how was work today hon?" Krysta asked, as she wrapped her arms around her fiancé's neck.

"It was fine dear, but the hunters association president said that we need to keep an eye out for any level E vampires." Toga said, as he kissed her forehead softly.

"Well, we should probably—" Krysta began, then suddenly went quiet.

 "What's wrong?" Toga asked, and she stopped as if listening, walked to the door held up a finger before opening it, and exclaiming "Toga, come here! There's a baby on our doorstep!" Toga's eyes widened in surprise, as he knelt down and carefully picked up the crying baby.

"Where did she come from?" He asked, as he held the little baby close to him while peering out into the wild haze of the snow storm.

"I'm not sure, there's no sign of her parents." Krysta said, as she looked down at the little baby in her fiancé's arms.

"I think we should name her Aviva." She said, and Toga smiled. "Aviva Yagari." He said, as he smiled down at the little baby again.

"Hello little one, I'm Toga but I want you to call me father." He said, as he kissed the baby's forehead.