Chapter 9:The Shimmering Spells

(Aviva's view)

The next morning when I woke up I got of bed tied back my long black hair got dressed then may way downstairs for breakfast.

 "Good morning, father." I greeted, and he smiled at me as I entered the kitchen.

 "Good morning, my dear." he greeted, as he set a plate of blueberry pancakes down on the counter.

 "Did you have a good sleep?" he asked, as he popped a strawberry into mouth.

 "Mmm hmm." I answered, and he nodded.

 "We're having guests over this afternoon." he said, as he ruffled my hair affectionately. 

"What would you like to do today, father?" I asked, as I helped him clean up the breakfast dishes.

 "I think today we should go to see Kaien and Yuki." he said, and I eagerly nodded as I grabbed his hand.

 "Father, I had a weird dream last night." I said, and he looked at me in concern.

 "Weird, in what way?" he asked, and I told him about the vampire in my mirror.

 "How long has this been happening?" he asked, as he rested his hands on my shoulders.

 "For a little while now." I said, as I played with the buttons of my blouse.  "That is very strange indeed, dear." Father said, as he took my hand again.

 "Do you think we could ask uncle about these dreams?" I asked, and Father nodded.

 "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask, come along now or we'll miss the train." he said, as he squeezed my hand and together we walked out the door and toward the nearest train station. 

"What are we having for dinner?" I asked, as we sat side by side on the train together.

 "I'm making your favorite." Father said, as he reached over and retied the ribbon in my hair which had been holding my braid together that had come undone.

 "Thank you," I said, and he smiled.

 "Any time, darling." he said, as he helped me adjust my coat.

 "How close are we to our stop?" I asked, as I played with the hem of my coat.

 "Not long now, just be patient." Father said, as he passed me my bag. 

I sighed in frustration, and father smiled as he squeezed my hand.

 "Come along, this is our stop." he said, as the train came to a stop at the station.

 "Well, hello!" I was greeted by Uncle Kaien's smiling face as we got off of the train. "Uncle!" I cried, as I ran over and hugged him.

 "Did you have a nice train ride, dear?" he asked, once we broke the hug.

 "Yes, I did. It was very fun." I said, before turning to Yuki.

 "Cousin Aviva!" she greeted, as she threw her arms around me in a tight hug.

 "I missed you, Yuki." I said, and she smiled at me.

 "You too! I've been practicing my drawing." She said, and I smiled.

 "That's awesome!" I said, as she took my hand.

 "I'm excited that you and Uncle Toga came to visit." she said, as she smiled at me brightly.

 "I am too, I look forward to having you guys over for dinner tonight." I said, causing her smile to widen.

 "I hope we can watch a movie after dinner." she said, and I nodded.

 "I'll ask my dad about that, don't worry.. But first I need to ask Uncle Kaien something." I said, as I kissed her cheek before falling into step beside my uncle.

 "Uncle Kaien, I need to ask you something." I said, as I put Yuki's hand back into his, and took my fathers.

 "Is something the matter, my dear?" he asked, and I looked up at father who nodded in encouragement.

 "Yes, I've been having some very weird dreams lately." I said, and his eyebrows furrowed in concern as I told him all about the dreams with the vampires talking to me about having some sort of 'connection' with them.

 "That is very strange indeed sweetie, do you know why it is happening?" he asked, and I shook my head.

 "The dreams started a few years after mother died, and I have no idea as to why I've been having them." I said, as uncle placed a hand on my shoulder.

 "I have something that may help you with your nightmares, I read it to Yuki last night. it's a book called the shimmering spells." He said, and I nodded in excitement.