Chapter 10: Midnight Sky

(Aviva's view)

That evening after everyone had gone to sleep I quietly got out of bed and made my way out of the house to stand outside for some fresh air before going back to bed.

"It's nice out tonight, don't you think?" I whirled around to find a boy with his black and red hair pulled back in a braid standing on the other side of the clearing looking at me.

"Hello," I said, and he smiled.

"Hello there," he said, as he approached me.

"What's your name?" I asked, and he smiled kindly at me.

"My name is Raven." he said, and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you Raven, I'm Aviva." I said, as I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, Aviva." Raven said, as he shook my hand softly.

"What are you doing out here in the country?" I asked, and he smiled again.

"I'm visiting my sister, and how about you?" he replied, as he let go of my hand.

"I'm visiting family as well." I said, and he smiled.

"Ah, well it's getting rather late so I'm going to head home now, Goodnight Aviva." he said, as he waved before walking back the way he had come.

I walked back inside, only to find my father waiting for me.

"What on earth are you doing out of bed at this time of night?" he asked, as he hugged me.

"I couldn't sleep, so I went outside to see if the fresh air would help." I said, as I gave a yawn.

"Well, it seems to me that it did help." father said, as he took my hand and began to walk back to our room.

"There was a boy out there too." I said, and father looked at me in surprise.

"Did he say what his name was?" he asked, and I nodded.

"He said his name was Raven Vale." I said, and father nodded.

"Why don't you introduce me to him tomorrow?" he asked, and I nodded.