Chapter 18: Discussions & Decisions

(Toga's view)

That evening after we got the others all settled into the guest rooms I turned to my daughter with a soft smile.

"I'm glad you're home." I said, as I ruffled her hair affectionately.

"I'm sorry that I worried you dad." she said, as she hugged me.

"It's alright sweetie." I said, as I returned the hug before smiling at her.

"Would you like a snack?" I asked, and she eagerly nodded. "Yes please." she said, as she grabbed my hand.

"Dad?" she asked, as she looked up at me nervously. "What's the matter?" I asked, as I looked her in the eye.

"When we rescued that family one of the kidnappers threw a knife at me." she said, and my eyes widened in shock.

"Did he hit you?!" I asked, and she shook her head causing me to sigh in relief.

"No, he missed." she said, as she hugged me tightly.

"Don't worry, I'm not hurt." she said, and I nodded as I ruffled her hair.

"That's good." I said, as I wrapped a blanket around her.

"What are you making for dinner?" she asked, as we walked into the kitchen together.

"I'm making your favorite." I replied, as I got out the ingredients.

"cheesy chili?" she asked, and I nodded.

"That's right," I said, and she grinned before kissing my cheek. "You're the best dad." she said, as she smiled at me.

"Why, thnk you dear." I said, as I stuck a strawberry into her mouth.

"Would you get the table cleared off for me, please?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Dad?" she asked, and I hummed in response.

"Could we watch a movie tonight?" she asked, and I nodded. "Of course we can." I said, and she grinned.

"Great! I think we should watch a vampire movie!" she said, and I facepalmed.

"Er, perhaps something else love." I said, and she nodded.

"What about a horror movie?" she asked, as she held one up.

"It's called Sleepy Hollow." she said, as she grinned at me.