Chapter 4: Voices in the shadows

(Aviva's view)

It was nearly midnight by the time we reached home, and a yawn escaped my lips causing my father to chuckle.

"Uh oh, sounds like someone needs to go to bed." He said, and I nodded in agreement.

"I am a little tired." I admitted and he chuckled, "After dinner you can go to bed early, if you wish." he said, and I nodded.

"Father?" I asked, and he hummed in response.

"Yes Viva, is something wrong?" father asked, and I glanced out the window before answering.

"I'm not sure, but I've been having these weird dreams lately." I said, and his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Weird? In what way?" father asked, as he sat down next to me.

"I wake up in front of a snowy castle, and see two kids both looking at me." I said, as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"When did these dreams start?" father asked, and I looked up at him.

"A few years after mother died." I said, and he rubbed my shoulder.

"What do you think caused these dreams to start?" father asked, and I thought for a moment before answering.

"I have no idea, maybe my sadness from mother's death." I said, and father nodded.

"That could be why." he said, and I nodded as I quickly finished my dinner.

"Goodnight, father." I said, as I made my way toward the bathroom.

"Goodnight Viva, I love you." Father said, once I'd returned from the bathroom to kiss him goodnight.

"Love you too, father." I said, as I walked into my room, and got in bed.

I was asleep as soon as my head the pillow, and it was then that the figures appeared,

there were two men and a woman who stood atop a high tower looking down at me.

"There you are," The man with  feather-like long black hair said, as he smiled down at me.

"My goodness you've grown," he continued, as he looked down lovingly at me.

It was then that I noticed his eyes were different colors, his left eye was a deep crimson and his right was the color dark blue of the ocean before a storm.

He smiled down at me again, and held out his hand to me.

"Come here, my darling." he cooed, as he continued to smile down at me.

I looked up at him, and then the woman spoke.

"Come here, my love it has been a long time since we've seen you." I watched in shock, as the other man with black hair came down from the tower and stood in front of me.

"You've grown up so fast," he said, and I could practically hear the sadness in his voice as he spoke.

"I hope we'll be a happy family again someday." he said, as the others joined him.

"We love you," the other man and the woman said, as they each reached out and squeezed my hands.