Chapter Seventeen

He took her to a nice restaurant and they had dinner and talked about things

"Karly," Luke said.

"Luke," Karly said.

"Ready to go?" Luke asked.

"Yes," Karly said. He paid and they got up and left and they went to Coney Island and walked along the pier. They stopped and looked out over the water. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Are you having a good time?" Luke asked.

"Yes, are you?" Karly asked.

"Yes, I am," Luke said. He kissed her neck.

"Luke?" Karly asked.

"Yes gorgeous," Luke said.

"How far are you wanting to go tonight?" Karly asked.

"However far you want to go, baby, if you aren't ready for the next level, I can wait, you are worth it," Luke said.

"Thank you for that, that you would wait for me to be ready," Karly said.

"Karly, I don't want to rush you into anything you aren't ready for, we just officially got together, that doesn't mean we have to jump into bed right away, we can go out for awhile and be together and all that, just be a normal dating couple, that don't have to have sex to be together," Luke said.

"Okay, thank you for being so understanding, I was scared," Karly said.

"Why baby?" Luke asked.

"That you wouldn't want to wait for me to be ready," Karly said.

"Karly, listen to me, okay, when I first saw you at the club that night, I never looked at any other girl or been with any other girl, I saw you and I knew you were the one, then I saw you come visit Kevin at the lawyer's office," Luke said.

"Wait you were there?" Karly asked.

"Yes, you didn't see me, I had set up a meeting with him and Jack to put them on retainer as my lawyers, you came in and brought him lunch and I heard him call you wife and my heart sunk, but I still didn't look or touch any women, my heart was set on you, I didn't know that Kevin would get cancer and pass away and you would be ready to move on and with me, I am the luckiest guy in the world that you picked me to move on with your life with," Luke said. Karly smiled and hugged him. Luke buried his face in her neck.

"Oh Luke," Karly said.

"I want our first time together to be special, when you are ready, you let me know and I will plan the night,"Luke said.

"I will let you know," Karly said. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her deeply.

"There is something else I should tell you," Luke said.