one

"𝙄 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧. 𝙈𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪."

2010

Harry sat silently on the park bench, rubbing his gloved hands together to generate a small source of heat. The winter weather was unforgiving to anyone foolish enough to linger outside. But being caught in the light snowfall was worth it to Harry.

He liked the way the snow felt on his skin, and how perfect everything looked after every surface had been covered. Occasionally he would shut his eyes and stick his tongue out to catch a few flakes, only to frown when they got stuck on his eyelashes.

Yet while he loved the snow, the harsh cold nipped at his body and often ruined the moments of bliss. His best friend, Louis, tended to question him as he didn't understand how anyone could handle the intense winter chill. To Louis, it would be easier and more comfortable, to watch the snowfall from the warmth of their own homes.

"Haz, I don't think that's doing much to warm you up."

Harry shrugged and tucked his legs underneath him, attempting to contain his body heat. The snow was beginning to fall heavier, and the cold was growing more and more uncomfortable. His face was rosy, and his eyes were drooping closed, the wind making it difficult to keep them open. Harry dropped his head on Louis' shoulder and smiled at the heat the smaller boy was radiating.

"Harry, wake up, you're freezing."

"Mmm."

Louis shifted until Harry was off his shoulder and began to take his jacket off. Harry, not aware of the current situation, was staring blankly at the ground with his arms crossed.

"Here, take this so I can put my hands away," Louis said, shoving his forest green sweater towards the other boy.

The soft fabric startled Harry, and he pushed it back to Louis.

"I can't take that from you."

"You're going to freeze, so really yes you can."

Harry frowned as he tugged the sweater over his head. It was a bit tight, but it smelled of caramel and citrus, an odd but pleasant combination. Most importantly, it provided Harry with enough warmth.

He turned his focus back to the snow falling around them and didn't notice the amused smirk on Louis' face.

"Hey, Haz."

"Yeah?"

"It looks good on you. Better than it does on me anyways."

It took Harry a moment to understand what Louis was talking about, but when he did, a soft smile took over his face.