five

"𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙨 [𝙝𝙚] 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 [𝙝𝙞𝙢] 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙. 𝙋𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙧𝙢 '𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 [𝙝𝙞𝙨] 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧."

2011

Harry ignored the way Louis' hand was brushing against his as they walked. He disregarded the way his heart was screaming at him to lace his fingers with Louis'. It would look strange to see three people holding hands as they walked down the street.

If Harry knew Stephen would be attending their movie night, he would have invited Niall. Niall was his new friend. Niall comforted him after he ran offstage in 2010.

Niall and Harry grew close very quickly, but Louis was still his closest friend. Not that he deserved the spot. He abandoned him to hang out with Stephen regularly. Harry knew Louis only agreed to movie night because Stephen was supposed to be busy.

"Hey! I can reach it!"

Harry looked up to find Louis on his toes to get his arm around Stephen's shoulder. The taller of the two grinned down at Louis, and Harry sharply pulled his phone out.

Harold: are you up for movies at my place?

Neil: what kind of question is that???

Neil: i'll be there in 5 seconds

Niall could be heard shouting from several miles away, and he grabbed the attention of all the nearby residents. Harry flushed red as he dodged the blond's hug. Louis may have talked a lot, but Niall was loud.

Harry could see Louis and his partner distancing themselves from himself and Niall. It hurt. But as the years went by, Harry was growing used to it. Louis never liked Niall. Harry didn't care. He was allowed to make his own friends that respected him and didn't leave him to cry alone.

With that in mind, Harry grinned and grabbed Niall's hand. The two weren't romantically involved, but they liked to mess with observers.

"Oh, Harry, darling. Do tell me more about that song you're writing. What did you say it was called? Polyester? Sylvester?"

Louis looked back at Niall, who was staring at him with a smug smirk on his face. Niall was aware of Harry's situation with Louis. He thought it was hilarious.

"Well, Niall," Harry started, "It's not finished yet, but I would greatly appreciate it if you played it with me."

"No worries, love. I would love to assist you with your artwork that some people don't appreciate enough."

Harry let out a laugh before unlocking his door. With Niall's hand in his, he led the others into his home. It was warm. So warm that he had to tug off his sweater. But no matter how warm it was, the chills he felt watching Louis with Stephen would always freeze his core.

He could never hate Louis. The love ran too deep.