six

"𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 [𝙝𝙞𝙢]? [𝙃𝙚'𝙨] 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡."

2011

Stephen was running his fingers through Louis' hair. It made Louis calm, something Harry wished he could do. As Niall rambled beside him, Harry watched as Louis smiled and let his eyes flutter shut.

"I didn't mean to hit myself in the face! I simply forgot how life works. That basketball had it out for me."

"Mhm."

"I think Louis is pretty neat. I might go over there and try to entice him with my dashing good looks." Niall whispered, aware that Harry wasn't listening to him.

"Good for you."

Niall rolled his eyes and punched Harry in the shoulder. The brunet boy frowned and hit him back, his focus no longer on Louis. With his newfound attention, Niall explained to Harry the importance of listening and how it makes a person feel good about themselves. Harry immediately stopped paying attention when Stephen kissed Louis' forehead.

Harry wanted to hate Stephen. He wanted to hate him for having the one person that he wanted most. But he couldn't hate him, he made Louis happy. All Harry ever wanted was for Louis to be happy.

That wouldn't, however, stop Harry from kicking them out of his house. He'd rather not have a movie night where no one is watching the movie. Especially when two of them were asleep on his couch. Harry enlisted Niall, and together the two ushered the half-asleep boys out of the house. Harry felt bad, but he was proud of himself.

"You're very strange. All you did was kick them out. You didn't even kick. You delicately guided Louis out."

"Shut up, Neil. At least I didn't hit myself in the face with a basketball."

Niall glared at Harry and took over the couch. Harry stayed at the door and watched as Stephen and Louis calmly wandered down the street. Stephen was looking down at Louis as he pointed out a butterfly in the air. With wings of emerald green, the butterfly flew past the pair and landed on Harry's shirt.

"No, what are you doing? Now they're staring at me," Harry whispered to the butterfly.

Louis met Harry's eyes and held his gaze as the butterfly flew away. Stephen paused to watch the two and smiled as Louis shook his head. He pulled the two further away and missed the frown on Harry's face as he closed the door.